Windows 10 comes with a built-in private network feature that lets you connect to a network privately. This feature can be helpful if you need to connect to a network that is not publicly available, or if you want to connect to a network that is not secure. learn how to Change Public Network To Private Network with the help of this article.
Change Network Public to Private to Public on Windows PC- Video Tutorial
How To Change Your Public Network To A Private Network In Windows?
Public networks are those that are available to the public at large. They are typically open to anyone who wants to connect to them, without requiring any authentication or other requirements. Private networks, on the other hand, are those that are only available to specific individuals or groups. They typically require some type of authentication or other requirements in order to gain access, and may be designed for use by only specific entities or individuals.
Windows 10 offers a variety of ways to change your public network to a private network. You can do this using the Network and Sharing Center, the Windows 10 Settings app, or the Command Prompt.
To change your public network to a private network using the Network and Sharing Center:-
- Open the Network and Sharing Center by clicking the Start button, typing Network and Sharing Center in the search bar, and clicking the Network and Sharing Center icon that appears
- Under the network connections heading, click the connection you want to change
- Under the properties of the connection, click the network security tab
- Under the properties of the network security tab, click the properties of the private network connection
- Under the properties of the private network connection, click the connection type drop-down menu and select private network connection
- Click the connect button
Why You Should Change Your Public Network To A Private Network?
There are many reasons why you should change your public network to a private network:-
- Security:- A private network is a much more secure network. This is because it is only accessible to those who are authorized to use it. This means that your private network is less likely to be compromised by hackers.
- Privacy:- A private network is a private space. This means that only those who are authorized to use it can access it. This means that your privacy is protected.
- Speed:- A private network is much faster than a public network. This is because it is not connected to the internet. This means that it is not subject to the slowdowns and disruptions that are common on public networks.
- Cost:- A private network is much more expensive than a public network. This is because it is not connected to the internet. This means that it is not subject to the high costs that are common on public networks.
The Benefits Of A Private Network Over A Public Network?
A private network is a computer network that is not accessible to the general public. This means that only authorized users can access the network. This can be a great advantage if you need to keep your business confidential or if you want to keep your personal information private.
Some of the benefits of using a private network include:
- You can keep your business confidential.
- You can keep your personal information private.
- You can access the network from anywhere in the world.
- You can secure your network from unauthorized access.
- You can optimize your network for faster performance.
- You can access the latest technology.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using a private network:-
- First, you should make sure that the network is fully dedicated to your use. This means that you should not share it with any other organizations or users.
- Second, you should make sure that your network is secure. You should use passwords and encryption to protect your data.
- Finally, you should make sure that your network is properly configured and optimized for performance.
How To Keep Your Private Network Secure?
If you’re using a public network, such as at a coffee shop, library, or airport, you’re at risk of someone else seeing your traffic and your computer’s activity. This is dangerous because it could give someone access to your passwords, your email, or your bank information.
To keep your private network secure, use a VPN. A VPN encrypts all of your traffic and then sends it through a secure server. This way, only the VPN server can see your traffic and your activity.
Tips For Using A Private Network
- Changing your computer’s public network to a private network can provide a number of benefits. For example, a private network can increase your security by isolating your computer from the public internet.
- Additionally, a private network can increase your speed by allowing your computer to connect to the internet directly, without having to go through a public server.
- Finally, a private network can reduce your computer’s load by allowing you to share resources with other users on the same private network.
You can change your public network to a private network in Windows 10. This will make it so that only specific devices can connect to the internet and allow you to share your internet connection with other devices on the same private network.