The Roku IP address is a great way to keep your Roku connected to the internet. It allows you to access the internet on your Roku without having to use a wireless router. This means that you can use your Roku without worrying about losing your internet connection. Let’s find out how you can easily get it.
Find the Roku’s IP Address- Video Tutorial
How To Find Your Roku IP Address?
Finding your Roku’s IP address is easy. Roku’s built-in web server will give you the IP of your Roku box.
- To access the web server, open the Settings menu on your Roku and select System.
- You’ll see a list of items under System. Scroll down to Web Server and click it.
- The web server will open in a new window.
- In the web server window, click the IP Address tab.
- You’ll see the IP of your Roku box listed.
- Copy the IP to your computer, because you’ll need it to access your Roku.
- If you don’t have your Roku’s IP handy, you can find it by using a web search.
- Simply type ” Roku IP address” into a web search engine and hit the enter button.
- You’ll be presented with a list of websites that provide information about Roku boxes.
- If you’re using a DHCP server, be sure to enter your IP as the DHCP server’s IP address.
- If you’re using a static IP, be sure to enter your IP as the first number in the IP address.
Why Do You Need To Know Your Roku’s IP Address?
There are a few reasons you might need to find your Roku IP address.
- One reason is if you want to set up your Roku to be controlled by a remote control app on your smartphone or tablet. In order to do this, you need to know the IP address of your Roku so you can enter it into the app.
- Another reason is if you want to set up parental controls on your Roku. To do this, you need to know the IP of your Roku so you can add it to the list of devices that are allowed to access the content you want to restrict.
- Lastly, you might be having trouble connecting your Roku to the internet. If you know the IP of your Roku, you can try to manually enter it into your router‘s settings to see if that will fix the connection issue.
How To Use Your Roku IP Address?
If you’re having trouble accessing your Roku, follow these steps:
- From your Roku home screen, select Settings.
- Under System, select Network.
- Under Connection Information, scroll down to the “Roku IP Address” section and enter your Roku IP address.
- Under the “Servers” section, you can view the IP of any devices connected to your home network. If your Roku is connected to the same network as another device, that device’s IP will also be listed under “Servers.”
To summarize, Roku’s IP address is that it allows you to access the internet on your Roku from anywhere in the world. This means that you can use your Roku to watch movies, listen to music, or even play games while you are away from home. Read our blog posts to know more about us.