There are a few simple command lines that will help you to open a command prompt on different devices like Windows computers, Mac computers, Linux computers, iOS devices, Android devices, etc. Here we are listing all the methods of opening the command window on various different devices.
What Is The Use Of Command Prompt?
The command prompt is a text-based interface that allows you to enter commands into a shell environment. The prompt is often used by developers and system administrators to run commands and scripts. It can also be used to access the file system and perform various other tasks.
Read Also: Install Windows 10 On A New Hard Drive: Expert Guide
How To Open Command Window On Different Devices?
Let’s find out how to open the command window of different devices:
Open Command Prompt On Windows
There are a few different ways to open the command prompt in Windows.
- One way is to click on the Start Menu, then type “cmd” into the search bar. This should bring up the cmd program.
- Another way is to open the Run dialog box (pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard should do this) and then type “cmd” into the box. This should also open the command window.
Open Command Prompt On Mac
To open the command prompt on a mac:
- First, open the Finder. Then, in the Finder window, click on the Applications folder.
- Next, scroll down to the Utilities folder and double-click to open it.
- Finally, locate the Terminal application and double-click to launch it.
Open Command Window On Linux
There are a few different ways to open the command window on Linux.
- One way is to use the terminal application. To do this, open the terminal and type in the command “cmd”. This will open the command window.
- Another way to open it is to use the “Run” command. To do this, open the “Run” dialog box and type in the command “cmd”. This will also open the command window.
- Yet another way to open it is to use the “Exec” command. To do this, open the “Exec” dialog box and type in the command “cmd”. This will also open the command prompt.
Open Command Prompt On iOS
To open a command window on iOS:
- First, open the Terminal app. Then type the following command: open -a Terminal
- This will open the Terminal app and give you a command prompt.
Learn Also: Amphetamine App For Mac | Everything You Need To Know
Open Command Window On Android
- Assuming you have Android Studio installed, open the Android Studio Terminal by selecting View > Tool Windows > Terminal from the menu bar. If the Terminal window is not already open, you can also open it by selecting Run > Edit Configurations… from the menu bar, then selecting the + icon and selecting Terminal.
- To open a command window, type cmd into the terminal and hit Enter. A command window should open. To change directories, type cd followed by the path you want to change to. For example, to change to the Documents directory, you would type cd Documents.
- To list the files in a directory, type ls. You can also use ls -l to list the files in a directory as well as additional information about each file, such as its size and when it was last modified.
- To exit the command prompt, type exit and hit Enter.
Have you ever wondered how to open a command window on different devices? If you’ve asked yourself this question, wonder no more! With our easy-to-follow guide, you’ll be able to open a command prompt on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. Check out our list above to see how you can open a command prompt on the devices you operate!