Surface touch screen is a great feature in modern devices, but sometimes it can be a nuisance. In this post, we will show you how to disable surface touch screen on your device.
Surface Pro 4 – Disable touch screen
How to disable the surface touch screen
There are a couple of methods you can use to disable the touch screen on your Surface tablet. The first is to open the Settings app and head to the Devices tab. From here, you can toggle the “Enable touch screen” switch to off.
If that doesn’t work, you can also try toggling the “Surface Pen Options” panel in the Action Center. From here, you can disable the “Touch” option.
Finally, you can also try toggling the “Surface Pen Settings” panel in the Windows 10 Control Panel. From here, you can disable the “Pointing” and “Pen Settings” options.
The benefits of disabling the surface touch screen
There are many benefits to disabling the surface touch screen on your device.
The first benefit is that it can save you battery life. When you are not using the touch screen, the device can power down quicker which can save you a lot of battery life.
Another benefit is that it can help you avoid getting RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) from using the touch screen. RSI is a common injury that can happen as a result of using a touch screen for a long period of time. Disabling the touch screen can help prevent RSI from happening.
Finally, disabling the touch screen can allow you to use the device in a more traditional way. By disabling the touch screen, you can use the device the way that was intended.
The drawbacks of disabling the surface touch screen
The surface touch screen has been a staple in the computing industry for a number of years now, and it has proven to be a very versatile and efficient device. However, there are a number of drawbacks to disabling the surface touch screen.
One of the main drawbacks is that the surface touch screen is a very user-friendly device. By disabling the surface touch screen, users would have to become more aware of their surroundings in order to interact with their computer. This could be quite challenging for some users, and could lead to them becoming less productive.
Another drawback of disabling the surface touch screen is that it can be difficult to navigate. By removing the touch screen from the computer, users would have to rely on other methods of navigation, such as using the keyboard and mouse. This could be difficult for users who are unfamiliar with the computer, or who are impaired by arthritis or a disability.
Overall, disabling the surface touch screen is a risky decision. By removing a commonly used and efficient device from a computer, users may find themselves less productive and less safe.
How to troubleshoot touch screen issues
- If the touchscreen isn’t working, the first thing to check is whether the touchscreen is actually connected to the computer. Make sure there’s nothing blocking the touchscreen’s connection to the computer.
2. If the touchscreen is connected and the computer is still not recognizing it, the next step is to try different USB ports on the computer. If the touchscreen still isn’t working, the problem might be with the touchscreen itself. In that case, you’ll need to replace the touchscreen.
3. If the touchscreen is still not working, the problem might be with the computer’s drivers. Make sure the drivers for the touchscreen are up-to-date and that the touchscreen is properly installed. If the touchscreen still isn’t working, the problem might be with the computer’s hardware. In that case, you’ll need to replace the computer.
4. If the touchscreen still isn’t working, the problem might be with the user’s settings. If the touchscreen is configured to use a specific pointing device, make sure that the pointing device is properly configured and installed. If the touchscreen is configured to use the mouse, make sure that the mouse is properly configured and installed.
How to enable the surface touch screen
If you’re like most people, you probably use your tablet or laptop’s touch screen a lot. But if your device has a disable surface touch screen setting, you might not be able to use it.
Here’s how to enable the touch screen on your device:
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Under “Personalization,” click on “Display.”
3. Under “Touch Screen,” click on the “Enable touch screen” checkbox.
4. Click on “OK” to save the changes.
Now you’re ready to use your touch screen!
If you find that your Surface is not working properly because of a problem with the touch screen, you can disable it. This will stop the touch screen from working and you can then use the keyboard and mouse to control the device.