When using Windows 8 and later, you can place the taskbar on the second monitor. This is especially helpful if you have a large monitor and want to use the second monitor for something else.
How to Move the Taskbar to a Second Monitor in Windows
So you have a second monitor and you want to use it to extend the Windows taskbar. Great! Here’s how to do it.
1. Right-click on the taskbar and select “Properties”.
2. In the “Taskbar” tab, click on the “Move” button.
3. You’ll now be given two options: to move the taskbar to the left or right side of the screen.
4. Click on the side you want the taskbar to move to.
5. Now drag the taskbar to the desired location.
6. Click on “OK”.
7. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to Use Multiple Monitors in Windows
Windows 11 allows you to use up to three monitors to improve your work flow. To expand the window on the second monitor, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button and select the Devices and Printers icon.
2. On the Devices and Printers window, select your second monitor.
3. Click the Properties button.
4. On the Display tab, under “Settings,” click the Change button.
5. In the Change Display Settings window, click the Add a monitor button.
6. In the Add a monitor window, click the Select a monitor to display on list, and then select the monitor that you want to use.
7. Click the OK button.
8. In the Display Settings window, under “Settings,” click the OK button.
9. Close the Devices and Printers window.
How to Customize the Taskbar in Windows
If you want to customize the taskbar on your second monitor, you first need to make sure that the second monitor is enabled. To do this, open the Control Panel and clicking on the Display icon.
If the second monitor is not enabled, you will see an error message. Click on the Enable button to enable the second monitor.
Now you need to create a new custom taskbar. To do this, open the taskbar shortcut on your desktop and type “taskbar” in the search box.
You will see a list of all the taskbar items on your computer. Right-click on the taskbar and select “New Taskbar”.
Enter the name of your new taskbar in the “Name” field and click on the “OK” button.
Now you need to customize the new taskbar. To do this, click on the newly created taskbar and select the “Customize” button.
You will see a window that allows you to add, remove, or resize the icons on the taskbar.
To add a new icon to the taskbar, click on the “Toolbars” button and select “Folder Options”.
Click on the “View” tab and select the “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” option.
Click on the “Apps” button and select the “Show hidden apps” option.
Click on the “Files” button and select the “
How to Use the Taskbar in Windows
By default, the taskbar is hidden on the Windows desktop. You can show it by selecting View > Show Desktop Taskbar on the menu bar.
If you want to use the taskbar on the second monitor, you can do so by selecting the second monitor in the Display settings dialog box and clicking Taskbar. You will then see a new taskbar on the second monitor.
To move the taskbar to the second monitor, select it and then click the Move button. You can then drag the taskbar to the second monitor.
How to Get the Most Out of the Taskbar in Windows
When you install Windows, the taskbar is automatically placed on the right side of the screen. If you want to use the taskbar on a second monitor, you can do one of the following:
1. Right-click the taskbar and select Properties.
2. Click the Taskbar tab and select the second monitor from the list.
3. Right-click the taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar.
4. Right-click the taskbar and select Unpin from Taskbar.
Windows 11 offers a new way to manage your windows by using the taskbar on the second monitor. This allows you to access your windows and applications on the second monitor without having to move your mouse to the second monitor.