Windows 10 has a new look and feel, but some of the icons are not working. For example, the window 10 icon is not working.
I have found a workaround for this problem.
How to Fix Desktop Icons Not Working/Not Showing Properly in Windows 10/8/7
Check if your system is up to date
Windows 10 has a new feature called the “Windows Update” which allows you to keep your system up to date by downloading and installing new updates. If you’re having difficulty with the “Windows Update” feature, it may be because your system is not up to date.
To check if your system is up to date, open the “Windows Update” app. If the “Windows Update” app doesn’t appear in your start menu, you can find it by searching for “Windows Update” in the start menu search bar.
If you’re unable to find the “Windows Update” app, your system may not be up to date. To check if your system is up to date, follow these steps:
1. Click the “Windows Update” app and see if there are any new updates available.
2. If there are new updates available, click “Install Updates.”
3. If there are no new updates available, your system may not be up to date. In that case, you’ll need to install the latest updates from Windows Update.
4. If you’re still having trouble, you can try to install the updates manually by following these steps:
1. Open the “Windows Update” app and click the “Check for Updates” button.
2. If there are new updates available, Windows will show you a list of the updates and you can click “Install Updates
Check if the icon is present in the location
If the icon is not present in the location, it may be because it has been removed or moved. To determine if the icon is present in the location, you can use the Windows Search tool. To do this, open the Start screen and type “Windows Search.” When the Windows Search results appear, right-click on the “Windows Search” icon and select “Open File location.” In the Open File Location window, locate the “C:WindowsSystem32IconsStart10.ico” file. If the icon is not present in this location, it may be because it has been removed or moved.
Restart your system and check if the icon is working
If you’re seeing an icon on your desktop that’s not working, there may be a few things you can do to try and fix the problem. First, you can restart your computer to see if that fixes the issue. If not, you can try to see if the icon works if you open up a different program or window. If that still doesn’t work, you may need to contact your system administrator or computer technician for further assistance.
If the icon is still not working, try to repair it
- If the icon is not working, the first thing you should do is try to repair it. This means doing a search online for instructions on how to fix it. Some general tips to follow might be to clear the cache and cookies, uninstall any add-ons or programs that might be interfering, and try rebooting the computer. If these steps don’t work, you can try to contact the company that made the icon and ask them for help.
2. If the icon is still not working, it may be because of a problem with the file itself. If you downloaded the icon from a website, make sure to save it to your computer in the correct format (GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP). If you created the icon yourself, make sure to use the highest quality possible ( PNG, GIF, BMP) and to save it in the correct location on your computer (C:WindowsSystem32 Icons).
If all the above methods fail, try to create a new icon
1) On your pc, open up Windows Explorer.
2) In the window that pops up, locate the folder where your game is installed.
3) If you don’t know where your game is installed, type “C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonrocketleagueconfig” into the search bar and hit Enter.
4) Once you’ve located the RocketLeague folder, right-click on the RocketLeague shortcut and select Properties.
5) Under the Compatibility tab, check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator.”
6) Click on the Advanced button and select the Settings button.
7) In the Settings window, click on the Icons tab.
8) Under the Icons tab, click on the Browse button.
9) Navigate to the C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonrocketleagueicons folder and select the rocketleague.ico file.
10) Click on the Apply button and OK.
If all of the preceding methods fail, it may be necessary to create a new icon. To do so, open up a new file editor (such as Notepad++) and enter the following information:
1) Name: RocketLeague
2) Size: 128×128
3) Source: C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonrocketleague
4) Copy: RocketLeague.ico
Windows 10 icon not working is one of the most common issues that users face. If your icon is not working properly on your Windows 10 desktop, you can try the following solutions.