If you accidentally call emergency SOS on your iPhone, here are some things that can happen:
-The 911 operator will be notified and will take your call.
-You will be connected to the emergency service.
-If you are in an area covered by emergency services, emergency responders will be sent to you.
-Your iPhone will automatically call your emergency contact if you have one set up.
What To Do When You've Accidentally Called 911 Emergency SOS on iPhone iOS 15 !!!!!
How to turn off Emergency SOS
If you accidentally call emergency SOS on your iPhone, you will see the following screen:
If you tap “Cancel,” the emergency SOS will be canceled and you will be able to continue using the phone as normal. If you tap “Call,” the emergency SOS will dial 911 and the phone will restart.
What are the consequences of accidentally calling Emergency SOS
If someone accidentally calls Emergency SOS on their iPhone, it will immediately dial 911 and the caller will be asked to provide their location. The 911 operator will then send emergency responders to the caller’s location. If the caller does not answer the 911 operator’s questions or does not provide their location, the 911 operator will send emergency responders to the last known location that the caller was using before they called Emergency SOS.
How to avoid accidentally calling Emergency SOS
If you accidentally call Emergency SOS on your iPhone, you will see a message on your screen that says “Emergency SOS: Please call the police.” You will then be taken to a screen that asks you to enter your phone’s PIN to continue. If you do not enter your PIN, your phone will be locked and you will not be able to use it until you contacts Apple and unlocks it.
What to do if you accidentally call Emergency SOS
If you accidentally call Emergency SOS on your iPhone, do the following:
1. If you are able to, turn off your iPhone, if it is currently running.
- Press and hold the power button until the iPhone shuts down.
- Once the iPhone has shut down, press and hold the home button until you see the Apple logo.
- Release the home button and the power button.
- If you have a passcode lock, enter your passcode.
- Once you have entered your passcode, swipe to the left to enter Settings.
- Under General, tap on Phone.
- Under Phone, tap on Emergency SOS.
- If you have any missed calls or messages, tap on the Emergency SOS button to access them.
10. To confirm that the call was made accidentally, under the “Emergency SOS Information” section, you will see a message that reads “This call was made accidentally.”
What happens when you accidentally call Emergency SOS
If you accidentally call emergency SOS on your iPhone, the phone will automatically call emergency services and show a emergency SOS message.
If you accidentally call emergency SOS, the phone will:
Call emergency services.
Display a emergency SOS message.
If you accidentally call emergency SOS on your iPhone, you will be directed to the emergency SOS screen. You will then be able to choose to send a message, or call the emergency services. If you call the emergency services, they will be able to take you to a safe place.