Uninstall WSL: What to Do If You Can’t Stop It
If you’re having trouble stopping or uninstalling WSL, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed.
2. Check to see if Windows is trying to install WSL as a recommended update. If so, you may need to disable the installation.
3. If you’re using a built-in Windows feature to manage your software, like Windows Update, make sure that you’re using the proper control panel setting. Windows Update can sometimes install WSL without your permission.
4. If you’re using a third-party software management tool, like System Mechanic, make sure
How to uninstall WSL in Windows
Here we’ll provide you with a detailed professional, witty and clever explanation on how to uninstall WSL in Windows 10/8.1/8/7.
First of all, open ” control panel ” and click on ” Programs and Features “.
On the left side, under ” Programs “, you’ll see a list of all the programs installed on your computer.
Select the ” Windows Subsystem for Linux ” item and click on ” Uninstall “.
You’ll be presented with a screen asking you to confirm the uninstall.
Click on ” Uninstall ” and Windows 10/8.1/8/7 will remove WSL.
WSL uninstallation process
The WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) provides an easy way for Windows users to access the Linux operating system. This feature is available in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
This article will walk you through the process of uninstalling WSL from your computer.
First, you will need to determine if you want to uninstall WSL completely or just disable it. To uninstall completely, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and type “Uninstall a program.”
2. When the Uninstall a program window appears, click on the WSL entry.
3. On the WSL Uninstallation tab, click on the Uninstall button.
4. A confirmation window will appear. Click on the Uninstall button to complete the process.
To disable WSL, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and type “Control Panel.”
2. When the Control Panel window appears, click on the System and Security category.
3. On the System and Security panel, click on the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) entry.
4. On the WSL Properties panel, click on the Change button.
5. On the WSL Settings tab, uncheck the Enable box.
6. Click on the OK button to close the WSL Properties panel.
7. Click on the Close button to close the Control Panel window.
Uninstalling WSL from your computer
- Open Run by pressing Windows Key + R, type in “cmd” and press Enter.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command: “uninstall wsl”
- Press Enter to confirm the uninstall.
If you have Windows 10, you can also uninstall WSL using the Windows App Store. Open the Windows App Store (or search for “WSL” in the Store), and search for “Uninstall WSL”. Select the “Uninstall” app, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Steps to uninstall WSL
- Open the Start menu and type “cmd”.
- When the cmd window pops up, type “cd” and hit enter.
- Type “uninstall-windowsfeature win-server-web-server” and hit enter.
- Type “yes” to confirm the uninstallation.
- Close the cmd window and restart your computer.
How to remove WSL from Windows
Assuming you have installed WSL on your Windows PC, here are the basic steps you need to follow in order to remove it:
1. First, launch the Control Panel and open the Programs and Features section.
- On the Programs and Features page, under the Windows Software Development category, you will see WSL listed.
- Click on WSL to open the Windows Software Development dialog box.
- On the Uninstall tab, under the Remove section, you will see a list of all the installed WSL components.
- Select the WSL component you want to remove and click on the Uninstall button.
- After the WSL component is uninstalled, the Windows Software Development dialog box will close automatically.
- Restart your computer to complete the uninstall process.
If you are experiencing trouble with Windows 10 S, or if you just want to uninstall the Windows 10 S version of the Windows Subsystem for Linux, follow these instructions: