Welcome to the world of podcasting! Starting a podcast on Spotify can be a great way to reach a wider audience and share your content with the world. This blog post will provide a step-by-step guide to help you get your podcast up and running on Spotify. From the basics of setting up an account to hosting and publishing your podcast, you’ll get the information you need to get started. So, let’s get started and learn how to start a podcast on Spotify!
What Is a Spotify Podcast?
A Spotify Podcast is an audio show or series hosted on the Spotify streaming service. Podcasts are usually available for free and can cover a wide variety of topics, such as news, sports, comedy, music, and more. Listeners can use the Spotify app to find, stream, and even download podcasts.
Why Should You Start a Podcast on Spotify?
Starting a podcast on Spotify can be a great way to reach a larger audience and build your personal brand. With over 140 million users, Spotify is one of the most popular streaming services for music and podcasts, so it’s a great place to start if you’re looking to increase your reach and grow your audience.
- You can take advantage of Spotify’s promotional tools to increase your visibility and ensure your podcast is being heard.
- Additionally, Spotify has a wide range of analytics tools that allow you to track and measure your podcast’s performance, giving you valuable insights into how your audience is responding to your content.
- Finally, since Spotify is integrated with other social media platforms, you can easily share your podcast with your followers across multiple platforms.
Benefits Of Starting a Podcast on Spotify
Here are a few benefits of starting a podcast on Spotify:
- Wider Audience Reach: One great benefit of launching your podcast on Spotify is that it opens up the potential of reaching a much larger audience. Spotify has over 217 million active monthly users, so it’s a great platform to reach new listeners.
- Quick Monetization: Another great benefit of launching your podcast on Spotify is that you can monetize it very quickly. Spotify has a partner program that allows you to monetize your podcast as soon as you launch it.
- Increased Visibility: When you launch your podcast on Spotify, it increases the visibility of your podcast. This is because Spotify is one of the most popular streaming services, and it’s likely that many of your potential listeners are already familiar with it.
- Enhanced Podcast Discovery: Spotify also offers enhanced podcast discovery capabilities that can help you reach new audiences. For example, Spotify algorithms can recommend your podcast to users based on their listening habits.
- Easy Guest Invitations: Finally, launching your podcast on Spotify makes it easy to invite guests. Spotify allows you to quickly send out a link to your podcast, which can make it easier to get new guests on board.
How To Start a Podcast on Spotify?
To start a podcast on Spotify, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:
Create a Spotify Account
Obviously, if you want to start podcasting on Spotify, the first and foremost thing to do is to create a Spotify Account so that you can upload your podcasts to it.
Select a Podcast Hosting Platform
No matter how many podcasts you see on Spotify, you can’t actually start podcasting directly on it. Yes, that’s true!! Spotify shows the podcasts that are hosted not on it but somewhere else. A bit confusing right?
To clear out this confusion, let’s make sure that Spotify has its own hosting platform which is known as Anchor FM. Anchor FM is a podcasting platform that allows users to create, distribute, and monetize their own audio content. It is a one-stop shop for podcasting, providing tools for recording, editing, hosting, and publishing audio content.
Apart from Anchor FM, we also have other hosting platforms like Buzzsprout, PodBean, Libsyn, etc. Now, you have to upload your podcast to any of the hosting platforms that are most suitable for you.
Copy the Link to Your RSS Feed
Once you have uploaded the podcast to the hosting platform (in this case we assume that you have uploaded it on Anchor FM), you need to copy the RSS Feed link, considering it as the address for the podcast that you have uploaded.
Download And Open Spotify for Podcasters
Now, you need to log in to Spotify for Podcaster with your Spotify account and tap on “Get Started”. Paste the Link of the RSS Feed that you copied and press “Next”. Once it’s done, Spotify will send you a verification code on your email just to make sure if you are the owner of the Podcast or not.
Note: Make sure that the login email for both your Spotify account and podcast hosting platform are the same.
Make Your Podcast Complete by Adding the Essential Information
Now, as your email verification is done. You need to add all the information that will make your podcast complete like where is it hosted, in what language is it, and the category it does fall into (it can be horror, sci-fi, crime, action, thriller, and much more).
After filling in all the information, click on “Next” and it’s done. Really? No, there is one last step that we need to look into.
Review Your Podcast & Submit It
Reviewing your podcast is the most important step before submitting it or making it live. Once you review all the information that you mentioned, tap “Submit”.
Now, it’s time for the Spotify Team to review the information that you provided and then make it live. This process basically takes an hour or so. The only drawback is that Spotify does not notify you when they make the podcast live, so you need to watch it yourself.
Starting a podcast on Spotify is a great way to reach a wider audience and increase your visibility. With a few simple steps that are mentioned above, you can easily create and launch your own podcast on Spotify. With a little bit of effort, you can start a successful podcast on Spotify and reach the next level of success.