When it comes to the Quality of printing, many users prefer using the Canon printer. Among other brands in the market, many users use the Canon printers for printing their documents. Before using the printer, it is important to know how you can set up the printer. In this article, we are going to explain to you how to set up a Canon wireless printer We have mentioned steps for both the Windows operating system and the Mac OS.
Introduction to set up a Canon wireless printer
You can easily set up a canon wireless printer by following the instructions provided to you. You have to connect your system and the printer using the wireless connection. To connect the Canon wireless printer to your system, you are needed to download the Canon print application on your system. Once you have done that, you will have to press the connect button and then all the information regarding the system like the username of Wifi or the password will be saved to the printer and will be connected. You are needed to save the data in your device and you can easily print it then.
Methods to set up a Canon Wireless printer
You can use two different methods to set up a Canon wireless printer. You can either use the standard Canon method or you can use the WPS method. We have mentioned both the methods in detail with all the steps included. Before opting for any method, you are needed to make sure that all printer connections are tight.
The first method that we are going to discuss is the WPS method. If you are Windows or Mac user, you can opt for this method for the Canon printer wireless setup. YOu are needed to check the WPS push button available on your router and also verify the settings of your system. The procedure that you need to follow is mentioned below.
- You are needed to keep the printer and the router close and then turn on your Canon printer.
- Next, You are needed to press the wifi button present on your printer and keep holding it till the indicator is on.
- Once done, you will have to wait for at least 2 minutes and after that, you will have to press the WPS button on your router.
- Now, you are needed to notice the indicators.
- You will notice that the indicator is blue when it is connecting to the WiFi. Once it will be connected, the indicator will go green.
- Now, you are needed to check if the printer is connected or not. You are needed to try to print a sample page.
This was all about how you can use the WPS method to set up a Canon wireless printer. You can use this method for both Windows and Mac operating system and setup canon wireless printer easily.
Another method that you can use for canon wireless printer setup is to use the Canon standard method. We recommend you to use this method if your router doesn’t have a WPS button. The procedure that you need to follow is mentioned below.
- First, you need to connect your system to the wireless printer.
- After that, you are needed to put sheets in the load tray.
- Next, you will have to press the cancel button and keep holding it for 10-15 seconds.
- After that, you will get an information page from the printer. You are needed to check the status of the connection and also check that you are connected to the right network.
- You are needed to make sure that you have connected the printer correctly and if you are using a wired connection, you will need an ethernet cable.
- After this, you are needed to make sure that all the necessary drivers are installed.
- Next, you have to connect your printer to the internet and check if the speed of the internet is good.
- Next, in case you are using the router, you will be needed to connect your router and the system.
Steps to setup Canon wireless printer for Windows
- First, you have to go to the start option and then click on the Settings option.
- After this, you will have to click on the devices option and then select the option for printers and scanners.
- After this, you are needed to click on the add device option and look for the printer that you want to connect to.
- Now, you will have to connect your printer and your system to the same network.
- Lastly, you will have to try to print a sample page and see if you are connected to the printer or not.
Once you have followed all the steps mentioned. you will be able to setup Canon wireless printer. Once it is connected, you can easily start printing your documents from the printer.
Steps to setup Canon wireless printer for Mac
You are needed to follow the steps that we have mentioned below to setup Canon wireless printer for Mac. Follow the steps in the same way it is mentioned.
- You are needed to select the system preference option and then click on the printer and scanner option.
- Now, you will see a plus(+) icon, you are needed to click on it and then it will take you to another window to add a new printer.
- Now, a list of printers will appear and you are needed to select the printer to which you want to connect.
- In case you are using a router, you are needed to make sure that you are connecting both the devices to the same network.
- Once you have connected, try to print a sample page.
In case you are not able to connect the printer to Mac, read a detailed article on it. Read article printer connectivity issue in Mac to know full details.
We hope that the methods we have explained will help you to set up a Canon printer wireless setup. If you have any more questions regarding the Canon printer wireless setup, you can simply talk to customer care or you can visit the official website. We hope that you found the article helpful.