It is a just two-step process to print your document from your computer. All you have to do is to connect your printer and provide it with print command. You will then get your print out. Though sometimes, even after connecting your printer to your system, you can fail to print documents from your printer. It is one of the common technical glitches that you can face while using your printer. There is no particular reason due to which you can face the Printer is not printing issue, but we have listed all the possible reasons in the article.
Read this article to know how you can fix the Printer is not printing issue. We have mentioned different steps that you need to follow to troubleshoot the error. Follow the steps mentioned in the article and it will be easier for you to get rid of the issue. Stay tuned with the article to know more.
Causes of the “printer is not printing” issue
When you are printing documents from your computer to your printer, but you are not able to do so, here are all the reasons that are causing this glitch. Read the list below.
- The most common reason is that your printer is not connected to your system correctly.
- Another reason leading to the occurrence of the error is that there is no enough ink in the cartridge.
- If your printer drivers are not up to date, you can face the printer is not printing error.
- You also have to make sure that you have set your printer as your default printer or you are using the right printer to print documents.
- Lastly, if your software and the printer drivers are not up to date, you can face the printer is not printing issues.
Different ways to fix the “printer is not printing” issue
When you are printing documents from your computer to your printer and your printer is not printing, here is what you have to do. We have mentioned different ways that you can use to fix the issue. Make sure you follow the steps in the same ways are they are mentioned. Choose the method which is more appropriate for you and if one doesn’t work, switch to the other one.
Check the connection
The first method in the list is to make sure that your printer is correctly connected to the system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will have to turn off your printer and after that, you will have to remove the power cable from the printer as well as the power source.
- After this, you will have to remove all the cables from your printer.
- Once done, wait for some time.
- After this, you will have to connect back all the cables to your printer including the power cable.
- Turn on your printer and let it connect to your system.
- Finally, try to print a sample page.
Check the Ink cartridge
Another method that you can use to fix the Printer is not printing issue is to make sure that your ink cartridge is not faulting and you have enough ink in your cartridge. Follow the steps below.
- First, you have to check the level of the ink in the cartridge.
- After that, you will have to check that there is no protective tape left on your cartridge.
- Once done, you will have to clean the printhead. You can do it easily by opting for the automatic cleaning option.
- After this, you may also consider removing the ink cartridge and putting it back again.
- lastly, turn on your printer and try to print a sample page.
Look for the jammed paper to fix printer is not printing issue
The next option on the list is to make sure that the paper in your printer is not jammed. You will have to open the head of the printer and look for any jammed paper. If you find any of it, you will have to remove it very carefully so that you do not ruin other things. Another thing that you have to make sure is that you have installed the paper properly and you have enough paper in the tray so that you can easily print a document. make sure there are no folds in the paper. It should be plain and flat.
Set your printer as default
Another common reason due to which you can face the printer is not printing issue is that you are not using the right printer for printing documents. You need to set your printers s your default printer. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the control penal on your system.
- After that, you will have to go to the device’s option.
- Under the devices option, you will have to click on the printer and scanners option.
- Now, you will have to look for the name of your printer.
- right-click on the name of your printer and after that, from the menu, you will have to select the option to make it as default.
- One done, you will have to print a sample page to make sure that it is the right printer and is now printing.
Add the printer again
The last method on the list is to add your printer again to the list. You will first have to remove it from the list and then add it again following the basic steps. You can do it by going to the control panel and then to the option of the printer. There, you will get an option to add your printer.
Printing documents from your computer to your printer is easy but when you face the error, it is important to resolve the issue to resume the printing. We hope that the ways we have mentioned above will help you to fix the printer is not printing issue. Moreover, if you face any issue, you can call the technical support team and they will guide you through the process. You can also visit the official website of your printer’s manufacturer to contact their support team.