Do you ever find yourself wondering what’s in your Outlook search folder? In this post, we’ll show you how to easily access and view your search folder contents in Outlook.
How to create a search folder in Outlook
If you have Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2017, you can create a search folder by going to the File tab and selecting New Search Folder.
If you have Outlook 2010, you can create a search folder by going to the File tab and selecting Organize.
If you have Outlook 2007 or earlier, you can create a search folder by going to the File tab and selecting New Folder.
Once you have created your search folder, you can access it by going to the File tab and selecting Search.
On the Search Folder dialog box, you can set up your search settings.
First, you can specify the folders that you want to include in your search.
You can also specify the search criteria that you want to use.
Next, you can specify the search folders that you want to use as the source of your search results.
Finally, you can specify the search items that you want to include in your search results.
Why use a search folder in Outlook?
- Keep your inbox organized
- Speed up your search for specific items
- Easily find important emails and contacts
Here’s how to set up a search folder in Outlook:
1. Open Outlook and click on the File tab.
2. Select Options from the menu.
3. On the Options tab, under the General heading, click on the Search Folder button.
4. In the search folder dialog, enter a name for the folder (e.g. Professional) and click on the OK button.
5. You can now add folders to the search folder by clicking on the Add button and entering the folder path (e.g. C:Documents and SettingsUserNameLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook).
6. To search for an email or contact in the search folder, type the email address or contact name in the search box and click on the Search button.
7. You can also use the filters to speed up your search. For example, you can filter by email address, contact name, subject, or folder path.
8. When you find the email or contact you’re looking for, click on the item to open it.
What are the benefits of using a search folder in Outlook?
There are many benefits to using a search folder in Outlook. First, it makes it easy to find the information you need quickly. Second, it can help you to keep your email organized and concise. Finally, it can help you to stay on top of your work flow.
How to use a search folder in Outlook
If you want to find a specific email, calendar appointment, contact, or any other type of information in Outlook, you can use a search folder. When you create a search folder, Outlook automatically creates a section called “Outlook Search” in your email, calendar, contact, and task folders.
To use a search folder, simply navigate to the folder that you want to search and open it. Then, click the “Outlook Search” icon ( ) on the toolbar.
Outlook will automatically create a search query for you based on the name of the folder and the contents of the folder. Simply type in the name of the information that you want to find and press Enter.
If you want to refine your search, you can use the filters that are included in the search box. For example, you can filter your search by type of information, recipient, date, or subject.
You can also use the “Advanced Search” feature to find specific types of information. To use this feature, first click the “Advanced Search” icon ( ). Then, enter the information that you want to find and press Enter. Outlook will display the results of your search on the right side of the window.
Finally, you can use the “Sort By” and “Sort Order” buttons to organize the results of your search.
If you need more help using a search folder, you can contact your system administrator or Outlook support.
Tips for using a search folder in Outlook
In Outlook, you can create a search folder to help you find specific information quickly.
To create a search folder:
1. In Outlook, open the folder where you want to create the search folder.
2. On the Folder tab, in the Navigation pane, click the search folder button.
3. In the Search Folder dialog box, type a name for the search folder, and then click OK.
4. Click the search folder button to open the search folder.
5. In the search folder, you can search for information by using the Search bar at the top of the folder pane, or you can use the search shortcuts.
To use the Search bar at the top of the folder pane:
1. In the search folder, open the Search bar.
2. Type the keyword you want to search for, and then press ENTER.
To use the search shortcuts:
1. In the search folder, press and hold the Ctrl key, and then type the keyword you want to search for.
2. Press the ENTER key.
Outlook search folder is a very useful tool for managing your emails. It helps you find your emails quickly and easily.