Outlook 2010 and 2013 offer RSS feeds as an optional feature. If you want to subscribe to RSS feeds from other websites in your Outlook 2013 or 2010 inbox, you can do so by clicking the RSS icon in the Add an Email Item dialog box. Outlook will then prompt you to choose a source.
Outlook – How and why you should use RSS feeds
The Benefits of RSS Feeds
Why should you use RSS feeds in your blog? There are a number of reasons why RSS feeds can be beneficial to your blog.
First, RSS feeds allow you to keep your readers up-to-date with the latest posts on your blog quickly and easily. RSS feeds are updated whenever a new post is published on your blog, so your readers will always have the most recent information.
Second, RSS feeds provide you with the opportunity to interact with your readers. You can respond to comments and questions posted on your blog posts, and you can also use RSS feeds to keep your readers up-to-date on new blog content that you’ve published.
Third, RSS feeds can help you to improve your blog’s traffic. By providing your readers with the ability to subscribe to your blog feeds, you’ll likely increase the number of people who visit your blog every day.
Finally, RSS feeds can help you to collect data about your readership. By tracking the number of people who subscribe to your RSS feeds, you can learn a lot about the readership of your blog and how your blog content is being perceived.
How to Set Up Outlook RSS Feeds
In Outlook, go to File > Options > Advanced. In the Feeds and Updates section, click the RSS icon. In the Feeds dialog box, select the feeds you want to include in your Outlook RSS feed. Click OK.
Your Outlook RSS feed is now set up. To subscribe to your Outlook RSS feed, go to File > Options > Feeds and Updates and click the Subscribe to this feed button.
The Best Outlook RSS Feeds
- If you are looking for high quality Outlook RSS feeds, which provide you with the latest news and information from your favorite websites, then you should check out The Huffington Post’s RSS feed. This feed provides you with updates on the latest news, blog posts, and videos from the Huffington Post website.
2. Another great Outlook RSS feed to check out is the one from Business Insider. This feed provides you with the latest news, blog posts, and videos from Business Insider’s website.
3. If you are interested in technology news, then you should definitely check out The Verge’s RSS feed. This feed provides you with the latest news, blog posts, and videos from The Verge website.
4. If you are a fan of funny content, then you should check out the Mashable RSS feed. This feed provides you with the latest news, blog posts, and videos from Mashable website.
5. Last, but definitely not least, you should check out the Feedly RSS feed. This feed provides you with the latest news, blog posts, and videos from Feedly website.
How to Get the Most Out of Outlook RSS Feeds
Outlook RSS feeds are an excellent way to keep up with your favorite blogs, websites, and news sources. By following a few simple tips, you can make sure that your Outlook RSS feeds are providing you with the most useful and accurate information.
1. Use the Autosave feature
The Autosave feature in Outlook is a great way to automatically keep your RSS feeds up to date. Whenever you add a new blog post, news article, or other content item to your RSS feed, Outlook will automatically save it to your feed. This way, you never have to worry about losing any important updates.
2. Use the “RSS Symbol”
The RSS symbol is a great way to easily identify Outlook RSS feeds. When you view your RSS feed, you will see the RSS symbol displayed near the top of the feed. This symbol will help you identify the latest posts from your favorite blogs, websites, and news sources.
3. Use the “Subscribe to this feed” feature
If you want to keep up with your favorite blogs, websites, and news sources, you should definitely subscribe to their RSS feeds. Outlook provides a convenient “Subscribe to this feed” feature which will keep you up to date on all of the latest posts.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure that your Outlook RSS feeds are providing you with the most useful and accurate information.
Tips for Optimizing Outlook RSS Feeds
- Include keyword rich titles in your RSS feed
- Use images to represent different topics
- Use infographics and interesting data visualizations
- Use videos to explain different topics
- Use headings to make your RSS feed more organized
Outlook RSS feeds are a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest news and blog posts from your favorite websites. By subscribing to RSS feeds, you can easily read the latest posts without having to visit each website individually.