Outlook 2013 pst files can be a pain to manage. They can take up a lot of space, and can be a hassle to access. If you’re looking to simplify your outlook 2013 pst file management, check out these tips.
How to open a PST file in Outlook
Outlook 2013 can easily open your PST file just as you would any other email. Outlook 2013 has an “Open” option on the File menu. Simply choose “Open” from the File menu and your PST will be opened in Outlook.
How to create a PST file in Outlook
Outlook 2013 provides a variety of ways to create a PST file. The easiest way is to use Outlook’s File menu to save a copy of your Outlook 2013 mailbox to a file.
If you want to save a copy of your Outlook 2013 mail folder as a PST file, you can use the following steps:
1. Open Outlook 2013.
2. Click File and then New.
3. In the New Outlook File dialog box, select the Outlook Mailbox template.
4. In the Name text box, type a name for the new Outlook file.
5. Click OK to close the New Outlook File dialog box.
6. In the Navigation pane, right-click the Mailbox icon and then click Save As.
7. In the Save As dialog box, type a name for the new PST file.
8. In the File type text box, select the Outlook PST file format.
9. Click Save to save the new PST file.
10. Close the Outlook 2013 window.
How to export a PST file in Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is a great email client that lets you manage your email, calendars and contacts. You can also export your emails to a PST file. This document will show you how to export your PST file.
First, open Outlook and select File > Data > Export Outlook Data > Outlook PST File.
In the PST File Export dialog box, you will need to enter a name for your file and choose a location to save it.
Next, you will need to decide what you want to include in your PST file. You can include your emails, your contacts, your calendars, or a combination of these.
You can also include any attachments that you have in your emails.
Click Export to begin exporting your data.
Your PST file will be exported and will open in a new window.
How to import a PST file in Outlook
Importing a PST file into Outlook is a simple process that can help you keep your email and other important files organized and easy to access.
To import a PST file into Outlook, follow these steps:
1. Open Outlook and sign in.
2. Click the File tab and select Import from the menu.
3. In the Import From dialog box, select your PST file and click Open.
4. Outlook will automatically scan the file for messages and will add them to your contact list, calendar, and notes. You can also manually enter messages into these fields.
5. If you want to save any attachments from the PST file, select them and click the Save button.
6. Click Close to finish the import.
How to convert a PST file in Outlook
Outlook 2013 offers a way to convert your Outlook 2007, 2010, or 2013 PST file into a more manageable, comfortable format. This is a great option if you are looking to free up space on your computer or if you need to work with your email in a different way than Outlook offers.
When you convert your PST file, Outlook will create a new file that is based on the structure of your PST file. However, Outlook will also create a new file that is based on the organization of your email. This means that your messages will be grouped by conversation, rather than by email.
You can opt to keep your messages in the same order as they were in your PST file, or you can rearrange them as you see fit. You can also add new messages, or merge existing messages into new folders.
After you have converted your PST file, you can use it in Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2010. You can also use it in Outlook 2007 if you have the latest version of the Outlook 2007 add-in.
How to repair a PST file in Outlook
If your Outlook 2013 email database file is corrupt, you can repair it by using the Outlook Repair Tool.
To use the Outlook Repair Tool:
1. In Outlook, open the Outlook Repair Tool.
- Click Start Repair.
- Follow the instructions to repair your Outlook 2013 email database file.
- When the repair is complete, click Finish.
If your Outlook database file is corrupt, you can use the Outlook Repair Tool to repair it. The Repair Tool will guide you through the repair process and when it is complete, your Outlook database file will be restored to its original condition.
If you are looking to migrate your Outlook 2013 PST files to a new email account, or if you are just curious about the contents of an Outlook PST file, this guide will help you understand the file and extract the contents.