Epson manufactures a variety of goods and printers is one of them. You can get a wide range of products in the Epson printers depending upon the sizes, colors, features of the product. Before using a printer, the most basic step is to connect it to the computer/laptop. Though it is not difficult to connect the Epson printer to the computer, some people can face issues while connecting it.
In this article, we have discussed how to connect the Epson printer to the computer and how can you fix all the issues you are facing. Read the full article to know how you can easily connect the Epson printer to the computer.
Steps to connect Epson printer to the computer
Below we have mentioned a stepwise process to connect the Epson printer to the computer. Follow the steps in the order as they are mentioned. Read all the steps carefully.
- First, you will have to go to the support page of Epson and then select the model of the printer you are using.
- Next, you will have to click on the manual options and then click on the start option.
- Once done, you will have to download the Epson printer setup utility and then install it on your system.
- After this, you will have to click on the “I accept ” option on the terms and condition page.
- Once done, you will have to click on the finish option and then on the option to install it.
- Next, you have to choose the printer that you are using and then go further with the registration process.
- Next, click on the yes option in the terms and condition option.
- A prompt will then appear on the screen to register the Epson printer to connect.
- You will have to choose the Ok option.
- Now, you have to make an account. Fill the form to connect the Epson printer to the computer.
- Now, terminate the prompt.
- You can also activate the cloud service and remote services.
You can easily connect the Epson printer to the computer if you follow the steps carefully. If you are not able to connect the Epson printer to the computer, there may be some issues with the hardware. To rectify the issue, we have listed some steps in the next section of this article.
Connect Epson printer to computer by fixing the hardware issues
If you are facing a hardware issue, this is how you can easily fix it. follow the steps mentioned below.
- You may want to unplug and then plug-in the cables connected to the printer. First, unplug the cables along with the power cable and then plugin again.
- You will have to let the printer rest for some time and then turn it On to check for the issue.
- In case you need to fix it immediately, you can wait for a few seconds after unplugging and the plug-in again.
- You may also remove the ink cartridges from the printer and also remove the USB cables.
- After this, turn off and On the printer.
This will help you to solve the problem that you facing with your hardware and will help you to connect the Epson printer to the computer. In case this also didn’t help, go for the next two methods discussed to get rid of the issue internally.
Checking the ink in the cartridge
You will have to make sure that you have enough ink in the cartridge to let your printer print properly. Moreover, you will have to check if there is no damage to the ink cartridge. If there is any damage, you will have to replace it with a new cartridge. After changing the cartridge, check if you can connect the Epson printer to the computer or not.
Use the Windows troubleshooter
The second way is to use the Windows printer troubleshooter. It comes up with the Windows and is in-built. Follow the steps to use it.
- First, you have to click on the Windows icon on your screen.
- You will then have to search for troubleshooting in the search option.
- After this, from the list of all the options, select the troubleshooting option.
- Next, you will have to select the printer troubleshooter.
- Once done, click on the next option and it will start the troubleshooting process.
- Wait for it to complete. Once completed, check if you can connect the Epson printer to the computer.
Though you can easily connect the Epson printer to the computer, you may still need the help of the technical experts. They can provide you with a precise solution or you can take the system to the service centers. If you still didn’t get your issue resolved or you have any other queries, here is what you should do.
- You may want to go to the service center of the Epson printers and they will provide you with all the answers and solutions to your problems.
- If you want to learn more about the printers, you can opt for taking workshops or seminars that can help you learn the basics to advanced about the Epson printers.
- Other than this, you can also go to the Epson website and from their contact page, you can contact them or send them feedbacks.
- You will get a guide on how to start the printer and connect it to the devices when you get the printer. You will have to read it carefully and then try to operate the printer.
- From the Epson printer website, you can get an option to request for the printer repair. You can easily track the status from there.
We hope all the methods that we have listed here will help you to connect the Epson printer to the computer. All the steps mentioned above are enough to carry out the process and mentioned in detail to make it easy for you. Moreover, in case you think you need to contact the customer support, you can visit the website and look for the toll-free numbers.