HP is one of the affordable and high-end brands in the market. It offers the user with some great products at very reasonable rates. You will come across different series in HP printer and one of the pioneer series is Officejet printers. In this post, we have talked about one of the popular model of the HP Officejet series i.e, HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. This is a multi-functional printer that is best for use in offices or homes. It comes with some great features like automatic document feeder and instant ink plan. So, simply you do not ever have to worry about empty ink cartridges. other than this, the automatic document feeder will detect, scan and copy different documents on its own.
You can also easily set up the Hp OfficeJet pro 8600 plus printer with USB, wirelessly,, ethernet, or Wi-fi. Also, you can use the printer with Apple’s Airprint, ePrint service, or Google cloud print. To use these applications and print the documents, you will have to install printer drivers. In case you own a Officejet pro 8600 printer, check out this guide to set up your printer in easy steps.
Specifications of HP Officejet Pro 8600
Before proceeding, let’s check out some important specifications of the printer.
- Printing Speed in Black and White [Max]: 20 ppm
- Printing Speed in Color [Max]: 11 ppm
- Capacity of Paper Output Tray: 60 sheets
- Capacity of Paper Input Tray: 250 sheets
- Compatible Mobile Printing Application: ePrint, Wifi direct, Mopria, AirPrint
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus: Unboxing
It is important to unbox the printer properly and then only proceed with setup process. To unbox the printer, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, carefully open the printer box and then remove the printer guide, CD, ink card, fax cord, and power cord that you will get with the printer.
- You can download the printer drivers using the installation CD that you will get with your printer or you can simply visit the HP official website and then download the drivers from there. There, you can also subscribe for instant ink plans. When you subscribe to it, you will receive the ink cartridge automatically at your home.
- Next, you will have to put the printer box on a table and then use the plastic covers and handles to take the printer out of the box.
- You will now have to remove the caps from both the sides of the printer and also, keep them aside. The packaging material can be recycled. Make sure to do that.
- Next, remove the plastic that covers your printer and also, remove the tapes from the bottom or the reflecting surface of your printer.
- When done, you will have to carefully go to the ink cartridge access area and then remove the cutouts and tapes.
- Under the scanner lid, a foam sheet will be attached. You need to remove that too.
- In the end, go to the printer’s paper input tray and remove the tapes properly.
Now that you have setup your Hp Officejet Pro 8600 plus printer, you will now have to initialize it. Make sure to do it properly or you can face issues while working with the printer.
- To start with, turn on your printer. for this, attach one end of the power cable to printer and one to the power outlet.
- You will now have to turn on the printer and let the noise completely vanish post initialization process.
- Next, you will have to go to the printer’s control panel and then select your preferred language.
- Confirm your actions.
- You will then have to go choose the region where you are using your printer and then confirm the same.
- Set the time and date according to your needs and then choose continue.
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600 Ink: Installation
You will have to install Hp OfficeJet pro 8600 ink cartridges whenever you clean or service your HP printer. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to install Hp Officejet pro 8600 plus ink cartridges.
- First, you will have to go to the ink cartridge access area. use the cutouts present on the side to open the area.
- Now, remove the packaging of the ink cartridge that you are going to install.
- You will now have to take the black cartridge and then remove the orange tape and completely unpack it.
- When done, you need to move the orange cap clockwise and then push the ink cartridge in the slot. But, before that check the colour of the slot. Do not enter it into the wrong slot.
- After this, insert all the other ink cartridges in their respective slots.
Load Unused Paper
Well, if you want to load paper to your Officejet pro 8600 printers, here are the steps that you will have to follow.
- First, you will have to pull out the paper input tray and also, lift the output tray.
- Now, keep the paper guides away from each other.
- You will then have to put the stack of paper properly on the input tray and then close the tray.
- Also, you will have to move the output tray back to the original location
- When done, a prompt on your printer’s control panel will appear asking if you have installed the paper in the printer, choose Yes.
- Now, the printer will print an alignment sheet. Wait for it.
- When it is printed, you need to scan the same.
- For this, you will have to lift the scanner’s lid and then place your alignment sheet on it.
- Use the line guides provided to do it easily.
- When done, you will have to press the scan button.
- Wait for it to complete and on completion, you will see the alignment sheet on your control panel.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600: Wireless Setup
Now, it’s time to set up your Officejet Pro 8600 printer. If you wish to set up the printer in wireless mode, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to turn on your printer and then open the control panel.
- You will then have to choose the wireless icon.
- Go to the wireless settings option and then choose wireless setup.
- The printer will now look for all the available networks.
- When you will find the network you wish to connect your printer too, click on it.
- Now, type the password for the same and then wait for the connection to establish.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600: Wireless Direct
Another method that you can use to set up your Officejet printer is the wireless direct method. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, turn on the printer and then go to the control panel.
- You will have to choose the option for wireless direct or Hp wireless direct option
- When done, turn on the wifi on your mobile and then connect to wifi as you would normally do.
To download the compatible and required software for your Hp Officejet pro 8600 plus printer, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, start your system and then open a web browser on the system.
- You will then have to visit the official HP website and then go to the downloads option
- You will then have to wait till the required software is downloading on your system.
- When the process will complete, you will have to click on the downloaded file and open the installation windows. In case windows ask for permission to open HP easy start utility, grant the required permission.
- HP easy start utility will then open on the system and it will start extracting all the required files.
- Now, you need to follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions after reading them properly.
Using ePrint Service
Now, if you wish to use the eprint service from your HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus printer, you can do it by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, open the control panel on your system and then choose the setup option
- You will have to choose the web services setup option
- Next, you will have to read all the terms and conditions and then choose the setup option.
- Allow printer to check for the recent updates and then choose Ok.
- On the control panel, choose to update and also send notifications when updates are available.
- When the printer will connect to the server, it will print an information page and the email address of your printer.
- To enable the services on your printer, you will have to use the email address of your printer.
- If you wish to print a document, you will have to open Gmail or any other email app.
- Send a mail to your printer’s email address and also, attach the file or document. Write the subject as well.
When the printer will turn on, it will print the document that you have sent. If you want, you can also change the settings according to your requirements like accepting print jobs from a particular email address or however you want it to be printed. If you wish, you can also set up Airprint for your Officejet pro 8600 printers following the same steps.
OfficeJet pro 8600 printer is great for small office use and home use. Also, you can easily set it up without technical guidance. We have tried to explain the complete setup process in detail so that you do not face issues while setting up the printer. If you still face issues, we will suggest you contact the support team.