If you’re a Mac user, taking and cropping screenshots is a breeze. Whether you’re trying to capture a full-screen image or just a portion of your screen, you can do it quickly and easily with the built-in screenshot tool. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps of taking and cropping screenshots on a Mac. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to capture whatever is on your screen and save it as an image. Let’s get started!
Making & Cropping ScreenShots in Macbook Air
How To Take a Screenshot on Mac Using Keyboard Shortcuts?
Among the different ways for taking a screenshot on Max, the best way is using a keyboard shortcut. You can use a built-in screenshot cropping tool to crop the screenshot on your Mac if you are running Mojave and macOS. Taking a screenshot on Mac is a very easy process. Let’s know how to do it.
There are a few shortcuts that you need to use:
- Use Shift + Command + 3 to take a screenshot of the whole screen.
- Use Shift + Command + 4 to capture a specific part of the screen.
- Use Shift + Command + 4 + Space Bar in order to capture a window or menu.
How Do You Crop a Screenshot on Mac?
After taking a screenshot, there can be times when you need to crop out the unwanted part. Here’s how to do it.
Use Built-In Tool
It is a utility program that is pre-installed with Mac OS and allows users to capture screenshots of their screen and edit them. The tool allows you to draw a rectangle around the area of the screenshot you want to keep and then click the “Crop” button to save the new image.
Just after taking a screenshot in macOS, a pop-up window will appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen that disappears within a few seconds. So, you have to make sure to click that thumbnail as soon as possible.
In order to crop the screenshot using this tool, you need to:
- After taking a screenshot, click on the crop icon that can be seen at the top right corner.
- Choose the area you want to keep as the screenshot.
- Click on Done, when you are finished.
Use the Photos App
To crop a screenshot on Mac with the help of the Photos App, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Photos App & select File > Import.
- Import the screenshot that you want to edit.
- Double-click on the imported image and click on edit.
- Press the Crop button and the top and it’s done.
Use the Preview App
To open the Preview App, you need to double-click on an image in macOS. The app opens by default & you can use it to crop your screenshots easily.
To do this:
- Open the Preview app by following the step above.
- In the top right corner, click on a pencil-shaped icon called Show Markup Toolbar
- Select the area that you wish to keep as a screenshot by clicking and dragging.
- Press Tools from the Menu Bar, and from the drop-down Select Crop.
- It’s done.
Use the Third-Party Apps
A few third-party apps like Adobe Lightroom, Skitch, Shottr, etc. help you in cropping the screenshot on Mac. To do this in Adobe Lightroom:
- Select the photo in lightroom and click the crop tool.
- Once the crop panel opens, you can see a crop box
- Click and drag to select the part of the image that you want.
- You can also crop a screenshot in a specific ratio using the Present Aspect Ration in the Aspect Menu.
- Once done, press enters or returns in order to finish the crop.
Taking and cropping screenshots on a Mac is a simple and efficient way to capture and edit images quickly. With a few simple clicks, you can capture the entire screen or a specific area of the screen, and then crop the image to the desired size and shape. Whether you are taking a screenshot for a work project, a blog post, or just capturing a moment, Mac makes it easy to do. With the right tools and knowledge, you can take and crop screenshots quickly and easily.