Having trouble connecting your Canon wireless printer to your wireless network? Or have you already spent hours exploring the Internet for a simple and quick setup? Look no further; this is the guide you’ve been looking for. We have covered the steps on how to connect a canon printer to Wifi.
You can quickly connect the Canon printer to the WiFi network by following these steps. A shared connection or WiFi is used to create a connection between a wireless Canon printer and a remote device. As a result, connecting your printer to the same WiFi network as your computer is critical.
WPS Connection: Connect Canon Printer Setup with Wireless Network
Make sure your WiFi router contains a WPS button before proceeding with this procedure. The router must also support the WPA or WPA2 security protocols.
- To begin, turn on the printer by pressing the power button. Also, turn on your WiFi router by pressing the WPS button.
- Once the printer is at the Home screen, press the WiFi button and hold it.
- Click on ‘LAN Wireless Setup’ and then click ‘I Agree’. Currently, when you turn on your printer it will search for your wireless network access point.
- In the router settings, choose your WiFi network (named Canon).
- After that, you will be prompted to enter a passphrase or WPA key for the WiFi access point. Click the ‘OK’ button after entering your WiFi password.
- To set up a connection between your Canon printer and your wireless router access point, it will take a few moments.
- Upon moving the Canon printer to this location, the router will automatically make a connection.
- As soon as the wireless connection is complete, both the power and the WiFi light will stop flashing. After a connection, they will remain on continuously.
Canon Wireless Printer: Connect on Windows
- Activate the printer by connecting it to the wireless network (to be followed by as in the previous steps).
- Visit canon.com/ijsetup to download the printer driver
- After downloading the file, double-click on it to launch the installation process.
- To open Run, press Windows key + R
- Type the following command into the Run window – control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters
- Click on OK
- Click ‘Devices And Printers’ to open it.
- On this window, there is a button labeled ‘Add Printer’.
- Follow the instructions on the screen after clicking Add Printer
- Click OK to finish this process.
- Using Windows, you now have a wireless printer connected to Canon. To check your printer, print a page.
Canon Wireless Printer: Connect on MAC
These steps will guide you through setting up a Canon wireless printer on your Mac.
- Start your Mac and Canon printer first.
- In the next section, we discuss how to connect the Canon printer to the wireless network.
- Download the driver from canon.com/ijsetup. Install it according to the instructions on screen.
- Select Apple > System and Preferences.
- Next, click on the Printers and Scanners option.
- To add a printer, click on the plus sign.
- You will now need to click on the “Add Printer” button in the popup window.
- Once your printer has been added, its name will appear on your left side.
- This completes the connection between the Mac and the Canon wireless printer.
WPS Pin Code Procedure
Connecting your wireless printer to your wireless network with the WPS pin code is one of the more challenging methods, but it has the advantage of working when other methods don’t.
- Place two standard-sized sheets of paper (letter size) in the tray.
- Turn your printer on and hold the Wi-Fi button until the printer’s ON light flashes.
- Repress the Wi-Fi button once again. By printing the WPS pin code, the printer should be able to print the wireless setup information necessary for it.
- Until the alarm light flashes sixteen times, hold down the STOP button on the printer. Release the STOP button after the sixteenth flash. Now that the wireless printer is ready, it can connect to the computer.
- Use a wireless smart device or a computer that has wireless capabilities to access your router’s internal settings. Using the WPS pin code, activate the network sync between the printer and the router once you’ve accessed the router’s internal settings.
Also read: How to reset canon printer?
From our post, we have put up every possible method on how to connect printers to WiFi. With the above methods, you will be able to easily establish a connection. We hope you are satisfied with our resources and are looking forward to helping you in the near future.