A printer may require regular maintenance so that it can work properly. Updating drivers, cleaning nozzle head, changing ink are crucial parts of the care of your printer. In this post, we have talked about how to change ink in the Canon printer. It would be best to change the link to print appropriately without any missing letters or discoloration. The process to change Canon printer ink is accessible but still needs some knowledge. If you do not have any knowledge in this context, we advise you to consult an expert. But if you have any knowledge, then this guide is all you need. Check out this step-by-step guide to change Canon printer ink in some simple steps.
Points to Keep in Mind
You will have to keep in mind certain things before you proceed to change Canon printer ink. All these things are:
- Whenever you change the ink of a printer, you will have to make sure to use a new one rather than using a used one.
- This is because the old one may lead to clogged nozzles.
- Next, if you have removed the ink cartridge, you will have to immediately replace it with the new one.
- Also, remember to use a clean white cloth to clean the ink cartridge properly.
- Make sure NOT to leave the ink cartridge as it is after removing the packaging of a new one.
- Always check for the date of use before opening the ink cartridge. Also, ensure to use them before the ending date.
Now, there are some precautions that you have to maintain while you are changing the link of the Canon printer.Make sure to keep these in mind. They are as follow:
- When it comes to disposing of the packing material, you need to follow the local guidelines properly.
- Make sure to buy a genuine product for your printer. Duplicate ones can damage your printer.
- Always install the ink cartridge in the horizontal direction
- If you face issues while closing the top cover, check the ink cartridge you have installed and ensure it is correctly placed in the slot. Do not shut the door forcefully because it can damage the printer and the ink cartridge.
- When installing the ink cartridge, make sure to close the door as soon as possible because if not, there are chances that it will reduce the quality of print.
The Process to Change Cartridge for Printer
If you want to remove the old ink cartridge and install a new one, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, open the ink cartridge access door carefully. Use the support braces properly to open the door.
- When done, you will have to unpack the new cartridge that you wish to install. For this, remove it correctly from the container and then remove the tapes also.
- You will then have to place the ink cartridge into the empty slot and push it properly so that the metal face is inside the space and then leave it.
- Now, if the ink cartridge is installed correctly, the light of the printer will turn on.
- You will now have to close the ink cartridge access door. Now, wait for some time till the LED lights become solid.
- When done, you will have to try to print a test page and check if the cartridge for the printer is installed correctly or not.
The Process to Put Canon Printer Ink
If your printer is not printing correctly because of less ink in the cartridge, you can put ink in the cartridge. You can then print using your printer Uninterrupted. Other than this, you still need to have some knowledge of how to change printer ink Canon. If you don’t, you may have to take technical guidance. Moreover, if you have some knowledge, follow the steps mentioned below to put Canon printer ink.
- First, ensure that you have turned off your printer and unplugged it from the power source. In case you have not already done that, disconnect it now.
- Now, you will have to carefully open the cover of the printer and then remove the paper present in the tray.
- You will then have to go to the paper output cover and then remove the same. Check if there is any empty ink cartridge present.
- When done, you will have to push the empty cartridge and remove it from the slot.
- In the removed cartridge, you will have to fill the ink with the possible method. Also, you need to make sure that you are using original Canon ink.
- Now, carefully close the door and turn on your printer by connecting it to the power source.
- When done, you will have to try printing a test page and then check if the error continues.
The process to Change Ink in Canon Printer
There are chances that your cartridge for the printer is faulty and you need to replace it with a new one. Here are the steps that you will have to follow to change ink in the Canon printer.
- To start with, you will have to open the ink cartridge access door and then push the ink cartridge already installed and remove it from the slot.
- You will then have to pull that cartridge out of the slot.
- Now, unpack the new ink cartridge and remove the protective tapes as well.
- You will then have to place the new cartridge into the slot.
- When done, carefully close the ink cartridge door and then wait for the ink to get into reset position.
- In the end, try printing a test page and check if you can print adequately or not.
These are some basic steps you need to know about changing the ink in a Canon printer. We have tried to explain each method in detail for your convenience. I hope this helped you. If you face any issues while carrying out the process, we suggest reaching out to the support team.