Chromebook microphones don’t always work the way they are supposed to. This can be frustrating when trying to record or take a video with your Chromebook. There are a few ways to get around this issue.
Fixing Chromebook Microphone Issues
Is your Chromebook’s microphone not working? Here’s what to do.
Chromebooks have great versatility and are perfect for students, busy professionals and anyone on the go. However, if your Chromebook microphone is not working, you may need to troubleshoot the issue.
Why is my Chromebook’s microphone not working?
If your Chromebook microphone isn’t working, it could be because of a few different things. First, make sure that your Chromebook is plugged into an electrical outlet and that it’s properly charged. Next, make sure that the microphone is properly installed and working. If it’s still not working, it might be time to take your Chromebook to a technician for further inspection.
How to fix a Chromebook microphone that’s not working
If your Chromebook microphone isn’t working, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue. First, make sure that your microphone is plugged in and properly connected to your Chromebook. If it’s still not working, you can try to troubleshoot the issue by following these steps:
1. Try resetting your Chromebook microphone
If resetting your Chromebook microphone doesn’t fix the issue, you may need to replace your microphone. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Press and hold the power button and the “esc” button on your Chromebook at the same time until the Chromebook screen goes blank.
2. Release the power button and the “esc” button.
3. With the “esc” button still held down, press the “control”, “alt”, and “delete” buttons simultaneously.
4. Release the “esc” button and press the power button to restart your Chromebook.
If resetting your Chromebook microphone still doesn’t fix the issue, it may be a hardware issue and you will need to replace your Chromebook.
Troubleshooting tips for fixing a Chromebook microphone
If your Chromebook microphone is not working, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check if the microphone is plugged in and working
If the microphone is plugged in and it is not working, the issue may be with the audio cable. Try replacing the audio cable with a known working one.
2. Check the audio settings
If the microphone is not working, it may be because the audio settings on your Chromebook are not correct. Try setting the microphone to “On” under “Display & Sound” and experiment with the volume until the microphone works.
3. Check the settings for the microphone
If the microphone is not working, it may be because the microphone settings on your Chromebook are not correct. Try adjusting the “Microphone” settings under “Input & Output” to see if the microphone works.
How to test your Chromebook microphone to see if it’s working
- Open Chrome and sign in.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click More Tools and then the Diagnostics sub-menu.
- Click the microphone test item and then click Open.
- If the microphone test shows that the microphone is not working, then you will need to fix the problem.
Chromebook microphones don’t seem to be working as well as they used to. This is likely due to the lack of a physical microphone jack on these laptops, and the use of an internal microphone. If you notice that your chromebook microphone isn’t working, there are some workarounds that you can try.