outlook 2010 has a new signature feature that allows you to change the signature that is displayed when you send an email.
How To Set Up an Email Signature in Microsoft Outlook 2010
How to change signatures in Outlook
- Click on the person’s name in the Navigation Bar Outlook 2010
- In the Person Details tab, click on the Signature icon
- In the Signature Properties dialog box, click on the Change Signature button
- In the Change Signature dialog box, enter a new signature in the text box
- Click on the Preview Signature button
- If you are happy with the new signature, click on the OK button
- If you are not happy with the new signature, click on the Revert to Old Signature button
- Click on the Close button
- Click on the Navigation Bar Outlook 2010
10. Click on the Home button
11. Click on the File tab
12. Click on the Options button
13. In the Options dialog box, click on the Signature tab
14. Under the Signatures heading, click on the Add button
15. In the Add Signature dialog box, enter the details of the new signature
16. Click on the Preview Signature button
17. If you are happy with the new signature, click on the OK button
18. If you are not happy with the new signature, click on the Revert to Old Signature button
19. Click on the Close button
20. Click on the File tab
21. Click on the Save As button
22. In the Save
Creating a new signature in Outlook
In Outlook 2010, when you create a new signature, you have the option of either using your signature as is (the default), or you can customize it to reflect your professional, witty and clever persona.
Here’s how to create a new signature in Outlook 2010:
1. In Outlook 2010, select the Signatures tab.
- In the Signature section, click the New button.
- In the New Signature dialog box, type your signature in the Signature text box.
- In the Description box, type a brief description of your signature.
- Click the OK button.
Your new signature is now ready to use in Outlook 2010.
Editing an existing signature in Outlook
If you are like most people, you probably have a few signatures that you use on a regular basis. Maybe you have a signature that you use for your blog, or for your email signature. Maybe you have a signature that you use for when you are meeting someone for the first time.
Whatever the case may be, it can be helpful to have a signature that isSpecific to your work or your networking. For example, if you are a lawyer, you might use a signature that reflects that. Maybe you use a signature that is wittier or cleverer than your regular signature.
In this article, I will show you how to create a signature that is specifically tailored to your work or networking needs.
Before you start, you will need to open Outlook 2010 and go to the Mail tab. In the drop-down menu next to the Account Name field, you will see a list of your available signatures.
To create a new signature, click on the New Signature button. You will be prompted to give your signature a name. (Note: The name you give your signature will appear in the drop-down list next to the New Signature button.)
Now, you will need to decide what kind of signature you want to create. If you are a lawyer, you might want to create a signature that reflects your profession. You could create a signature that is wittier or more clever than your normal signature.
If you are
Deleting a signature in Outlook
1. From the File menu, click New and then click Mail Message.
2. On the Message Format tab, click the Signature icon.
3. In the Signature field, click the signature icon to the right of your name.
4. To delete your signature, select it and then click the trash can icon.
5. Click OK to finish.
Tips for using signatures in Outlook
- Start by creating a new signature. This can be done by clicking on the signature icon in the lower right of the email message window and selecting “Create New Signature.”
2. Enter your name and email address in the appropriate fields, and then click on the “Create” button.
3. To add a photo to your signature, click on the “Photo Gallery” tab and browse to the file that you want to use.
4. To change the text that appears under your signature, select the signature text and enter your new text in the “Text” field.
5. To format your signature, click on the “Formatting” tab and select the type of formatting that you want to use.
6. Click on the “OK” button to finish creating your signature.
In order to make signatures in Outlook2010 more visually appealing, you can use the following steps:
1. In the main Outlook window, click the File tab.
2. In the File menu, click Options.
3. In the Options dialog box, click the Mail Items tab.
4. In the Signatures section, click the Signature tab.
5. In the Signature section, select a signature style.
6. Click OK.