Any hardware can have glitches in its lifetime and brother printers are no different. Any user can face issues while using a brother printer and it can be caused due to many reasons. You can face software glitches or hardware glitches, but all you need to know is how you can fix those glitches. It is important to troubleshoot Brother printer in order to fix the issues with the brother printer.
In this article, we have tried to cover almost every issue that you can face with the Brother printer and how can you troubleshoot the brother printer. We have mentioned different steps related to every issue that you face to troubleshoot brother printer. Read the full to know more.
Error state of the printer
In case you notice that your printer is in error state, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot the brother printer.
- You need to restart your printer.
- Another option is to check if you are connected to the network correctly or not.
- You also need to check that all the drivers are up to date. You can try to uninstall and then again install the printer drivers on your system.
- Other than this, you can try to run the printer troubleshooter on your system to fix the glitches that your printer is facing.
Reset drum error
Follow the steps mentioned below if you are facing the Reset drum error in your brother printer.
- You will first have to turn on your printer.
- After that, you will have to open the cover of your printer.
- Once done, you will have to press and hold the Ok button on the printer for only 2 seconds.
- After this, you will have to press the upper arrow button and it will reset the drum counter.
- lastly, you will have to close the cover of your printer.
You need to troubleshoot the brother printer if you do not feel like that the print quality is up to the mark. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to press the button for ink management.
- Using the arrows button, you will have to select the test print option and then click on the set option.
- After this, you will have to select the option for print quality.
- Next, you will have to press the option for a color start.
- Finally, you will have to check the print quality on the printed sheet.
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the brother printer not connecting to Wifi issue.
- You will first have to turn off your printer. Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- After this, you will have to press the power button and keep holding it for 10 sec.
- next, you will have to connect the LAN cable to make sure that your printer is connected properly and having an internet connection.
- You will then have to turn on your printer.
- Once done, you will have to click on the settings option and you will have to connect your system and printer via WPS method of connection.
- You will then have to see if you can see the WPS indicator on the router.
- When your Wifi will be connected, you can see that the indicator is solid.
Paper jam issue
Here is how you can fix the paper jam issue. You need to remove the paper from the printer to make sure that it is printing correctly and it is functioning properly. Follow the steps mentioned.
- You will first have to open the cover of the printer.
- After this, you will have to leave your printer for at least 10 minutes and do not switch it on.
- You will then have to remove the drum unit along with the ink cartridge from the printer. carefully remove it.
- After this, you will have to also remove the tray of papers.
- Finally, using both your hands, you will have to take out the paper from the printer.
If you are getting an error message on the brother printer, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot Brother printer.
- You will have to turn off your printer.
- let your printer rest for almost 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, start it and check if you face the same error.
Printer is offline
If you face the printer offline issue, here is how you can solve the issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the printer offline issue in brother printers.
- You will have to make sure that the power of your printer is On.
- After this, you will have to make sure that your system and your printer are connected.
- Once done, make sure that your brother printer is your default printer.
- You will then have to delete the print jobs pending in the queue.
- From the settings option, you can look for the status of your brother printer.
- Once done, you will have to make sure that you have only one icon for the brother printer in the list of printers. If there is any other icon, delete it.
- Lastly, you will have to make sure that you are using the right drivers according to the model of the printer you are using.
Brother printer error code
Read the fixes for some of the error codes mentioned below.
- E60: if your printer fan is not working, you can face this error. Turn off and again start your system to fix it.
- PF kit issue: In case the rollers and pads are not working, you can face the error. replace both the rollers and the pads.
We hope that following the steps will help you to troubleshoot the brother printer. It is important to troubleshoot the printer so that you can easily fix the errors. we have tried to provide you with all the important information that you will need to troubleshoot the brother printer. In case you encounter any issue or you are not able to resolve the issue, you can contact the support team for help. They will be always available.