Connecting your printer with the Mac is an easy process and consists of some basic steps. You can easily connect your printer to Mac following the basic instructions. In case you are getting a message that the printer not connected to Mac, there can be various reasons for this. You can face the printer is not connected on Mac error if there is an issue with the connections from both of the sides. You can also face the error if the drivers that you have installed are outdated. Read the article to know how can you fix the printer not connected with Mac in simple steps. We have also mentioned some basic steps that you can use to connect your printer to Mac.
The process to connect a printer to a Mac system
Here is a stepwise process that you need to follow if you want to connect your printer to Mac. Follow the steps in the same way as it is mentioned.
- On your system, you will have to click on the Apple icon and then select the system preference option.
- After that, you are needed to click on the printer and scanner option. Make sure you hold the Ctrl key while opening the printer and scanner.
- Once done, you will have to click on the Reset option present on your printer.
- First, you are needed to delete the printer that you are using.
- Now, you will see a plus sign and you have to click on it to add a new printer.
- From the list of all available printers, you are required to select the printer you want to connect.
Basic troubleshooting steps to fix printing problems on Mac
Before going further with the process of fixing the printer not connected in Mac issue, you must follow some basic troubleshooting steps and see if you can fix the error.
Turn on and off
The first basic step is to first turn off the printer and then turn it on again. You are first needed to verify if your printer is in off mode or on mode. The loose wires and cables can also be the reason for facing printer not connected in Mac error.
The other step is to check if you have made the connections properly and they are tight. If you feel that you are facing the issue because of the loose connection, you can try to change the cable. Remove the cable that you are using and connect the printer using a new cable. Here is how you can connect your Canon printer.
The last thing that you have to see is that all the drivers that you are using are updated. If the drivers are not updated, you are needed to update them and then check if you re able to connect your printer to the Mac or not. In case the drivers are already updated, you can try to uninstall the latest updates.
You need to make sure that you have installed all the right drivers for the printer. If you download wrong printer drivers, you can face the printer not connected in Mac error. You can download the drivers from the official website and make sure you are installing the same version drivers as that of the printer. Other than this, if you have drivers present in your system, you can try to uninstall them and install it again to make sure that no printer driver is corrupted.
If the printer is not connected to Mac, you can follow the methods that we have explained below.
Methods to troubleshoot printer not connected in Mac
Below we have listed some of the methods that you can use to troubleshoot the printer not connected in Mac. Follow the methods in the same way they are mentioned.
verify your printer is in ready state
The first solution is to check whether your printer is in the ready state or not. Follow the steps mentioned below to verify the same.
- You are needed to press the power key on your printer if you notice that your printer is in the sleep mode or turned off.
- The very next thing is to check if the papers are present in the load tray or not. If not, try to load the papers in the tray.
- Next, you need to make sure that the cartridge in the printer has ink. Make sure that no indicators should blink.
- Once done, you are needed to start the printer again after turning it off.
The next method is to troubleshoot the printer. You can follow the steps mentioned below fr fixing the printer not connected to Mac issue.
- First, you will have to troubleshoot the connection of the printer on your system.
- Next, you will have to solve the USB connection.
- Finally, you will have to troubleshoot the issue with the wired connection of the printer.
Reset your printer
The next method is to reset the settings of the printer. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are needed to click on the Apple icon on the screen.
- After that, you will have to click on the option of the system preference.
- You will now be needed to click on the option of printer and scanner.
- After that, while clicking on the printer and scanner option, you have to keep holding the ctrl key on your keyboard. Once done, you need to click on any space in the printer and scanner window and then a menu will appear.
- You will then have to click on the option to reset the settings of the printer.
- Finally, you will have to wait until the process of resetting is completed.
- Once completed, check if you still face the printer not connected to Mac.
We hope that you will be able to resolve the printer not connected in Mac error using the methods we have explained. We hope that the article was helpful to you and you are benefited from it. You can also talk to the customer support if you have any queries related to the issue.