Kodak printers are not new to the market, people have been using these printers for a long time. The printers are reliable and within one’s budget. It is one of the people’s favorite brands because of the reliability it provides. Kodak printers can sometimes face an error when the Kodak printer stops printing black. It simply means whenever you take a print out, the black color is missing.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can fix the Kodak printer not printing black issue. We have mentioned different causes due to which the situation can arise. A detailed description of all the methods that you can use to fix the Kodak printer not printing black issue is mentioned in the article. Read the full article to know more about it. If the error persists, you can reach to customer support.
Reasons for Kodak printer not printing black issue
There is no particular reason for facing the Kodak printer not printing black issue, but we have mentioned some of the common reasons that can lead to the error. Read the list carefully to make sure that you do not face the same issue in the future.
- You can face this error if there is any fault in the printhead of the printer.
- Your Kodak printer can stop printing if you have not placed your cartridge correctly in your printer or there is some other issue related to it.
- In case the drivers of the printer are not up to date, you can face the error.
- Kodak printer not printing black is a common error if there is any physical damage in the printer you are using.
These were all common reasons due to which you can face the error. In the next section, we have listed all the methods that you can use to fix the error.
Different ways to fix Kodak printer not printing black issue
Here are some of the ways that you can use to fix the Kodak printer not printing black issues. You need to read the steps carefully and perform them carefully to fix the issue.
Checking the calibration
Most of the people face the Kodak printer not printing black issue if their printer is not calibrated. You will have to follow the steps.
- First, you have to make sure that your printer is calibrated.
- In case, it already is, you will have to recheck it.
- You will have to install the cartridge again or replace the old one.
- You can use the self-diagnosis feature of the printer to make sure that it is calibrated.
- Next, you will have to use the alignment feature for the features.
clean the cartridge
The next solution is to make sure that your ink cartridge is clean. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will have to check if the printer ink cartridge is clean or not.
- If the cartridge is not clean, you will have to clean it.
- To do this, you will first have to remove the cartridge properly from the printer. Do it carefully.
- Once done, you will have to take a cloth or cotton to clean the printhead and the laser points.
- You will have to take a dry cloth.
- Once done, you will have to put back the ink cartridge properly.
- Lastly, you will have to start your printer and try to print a sample page.
Check for cartridge tape
The next method in the list is to check if the cartridge tape is removed properly or not. Follow the steps.
- First, you need to remove the cartridge from the printer.
- After that, you will have to check if there is any tape left on the side of the cartridge.
- Once done, in case there is a tape, you will have to remove it.
- Remove the tape carefully.
- Once done, you will have to put the cartridge back.
- After that, you will have to turn on your printer.
- Lastly, try to print a sample page.
Lastly, you will have to make sure that all the printer drivers on your system are up to date. You will have to follow the steps to install the drivers on your system.
- First, you need to go to the official website of the Kodak printer.
- From there, you will have to download the printer drivers. You will have to make sure that you download the drivers depending upon the printer model and the OS.
- Once done, you will have to install all the drivers on your system.
- Once done, you need to add your printer to your system.
- Lastly, when your printer will connect, you will have to try to print a sample page.
Kodak printer not printing black is a common issue and can be resolved easily. You will have to follow the steps mentioned in the article. if one solution doesn’t work for you, you can switch to the other method. In case, if the error continues to occur, you can go to the Kodak official website and talk to the customer support. The customer support will provide you with easy solutions and will guide you through the process.