Xerox is a known company in the printer industry. They provide you with a high-quality product and commendable product service. For the smooth working of a printer, you need to make sure that you are maintaining it properly, internally, or externally. Installing printer drivers are one part of the maintenance of the printer. You need to make sure that you have installed the Xerox printer drivers on your system if you are using the Xerox printer. If you have installed them, you will have to update them.
In this article, we are going to discuss how you can install the Xerox printer drivers. We have mentioned steps for both the Mac operating system as well as the Windows operating system. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to complete the process without any hassle. Read the full article to know how to install Xerox printer drivers on the system.
Things to remember
Before going further with the process to install Xerox printer drivers on the system, you need to keep certain things in your mind. Read the list below and make sure that you fulfill the requirements as well as you remember all the things.
- First, you will have to decide whether you are using a CD to install Xerox printer drivers or you want to download the drivers from the official website.
- If you opt for downloading it from the official website, you have to make sure that you have an uninterrupted internet connection. For CD, you may not need it much.
- Once done, you will have to note down the model number of the printer that you are using.
- You can easily see it from the properties section of the printer. You will get it in the printers and scanner list.
- Lastly, you will have to make sure that you download a driver that is compatible with the device you are using.
Once you have fulfilled all the required things, you can install the xerox printer n the system. Follow the steps mentioned in the next section of the article according to the operating system you are using.
The stepwise process to install the Xerox printer drivers on Windows
Read the steps mentioned below to know how to install the Xerox printer drivers on Windows. Follow the steps as they are mentioned below to avoid any complexities.
- First, you will have to open the control panel on your system.
- After this, you will have to click on the device’s option.
- You will then have to click on the option to add a printer name. You will have to type the name of the printer whatever you want or else you can leave it to the default one.
- After this, you will see a prompt on your system as a warning that you are installing an uncertified printer driver. To proceed, you will have to click on the next option and it will take you to the download page.
- Next, you will have to go to the add printer option and after that, you will have to have to click on the option to have a disk. Now, you will have to redirect it to the folder in which you have stored the drivers.
- Once done, the installer window will open up.
- You will have to select the model number of your printer.
- Lastly, you will have to click on the finish option.
The stepwise process to install the Xerox printer drivers on Mac
Below we have mentioned different steps that you need to follow if you want to install the Xerox printer drivers on Mac. Either you can download it from the website or you can use a CD to complete the installation. Follow the steps mentioned to download and install the Xerox printer driver from the official website.
- Open the Xerox printer website.
- Go for the download option.
- Look for the option to download drivers depending upon the model of the printer that you are using.
- Select Mac as your operating system.
- Save the file to a folder where it is easily accessible.
- Once done, you will have to open the folder and after that, you will have to click on the .exe file.
- After this, you will have to click on the continue button.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the software and proceed with the installation.
- Once done, you will see that installer has started running and it will ask you for the location where you want to save the files.
- After this, you will have to wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once completed, close the installer window and connect your printer to the system.
- Finally, try to print a sample page.
In case you are not able to find the model number or the appropriate drivers for the printer, you can contact the support team to know the exact version of the software that you want to use. Other than that, you can get a CD of the printer drivers to get an exact version of the printer drivers.
Hopefully, all the steps that we have mentioned above will help you to install Xerox printer drivers on both Mac and Windows. We hope that the article was beneficial to you and have helped you with the concerned issue. In case you still face any issue with this topic, you can contact the technical team. They will be available to guide you with the process. You can also visit the official website to contact the support team. The precise information will be present there.