Many people use HP printers in their homes, college, schools, or workplaces. Though Hp printers are easy to handle and anyone can use them, you can still face some errors while using it. Sometimes when you connect your Hp printer to your system, you can see an error message indicating ” HP printer validation failed“. There is no particular reason that you can face this error, but different reasons may constitute to the occurrence of the error. Fortunately, you can resolve the error if you follow some basic troubleshooting methods.
Keeping all things in mind, we have come up with an article to explain to you about how you can resolve the “HP printer validation failed” error. We have listed various methods that you can use to fix the error. follow the steps mentioned in each article. Read the full article to know more about how to resolve the HP printer validation failed error.
Different ways to fix HP printer validation failed error
Here are all the ways that you can use to fix the HP printer validation failed error. Follow the steps mentioned with each method to easily resolve the error. Read the listed method below.
Use printer troubleshooter
The first method in the list is to use the printer troubleshooter. You can either download a printer troubleshooter from the Microsoft website or you can use the in-built printer troubleshooter. If you want to use the in-built printer troubleshooter, you will have to follow the below-mentioned ways.
- Fist, press the Windows key and the S key together. It will open the search window for you.
- After this, you will have to enter troubleshoot in the search box and then click on the Ok button.
- You will get all the available options. From the options, select the printer troubleshoot option.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the process to finish and after that, try printing a sample page.
A printer troubleshooter is a tool that will automatically detect the issues with your printer and will resolve them for you. You can easily download it from the Microsoft website and install it on your system.
Reset printer settings to fix “HP printer validation failed” error
the next method that you can use id to reset the settings of your Hp printer. It will fix the “HP printer validation failed” error by removing all the settings that are leading to the error. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The most initial step is to unplug your printer from the power source. You will also have to remove the power cable from the source.
- After this, you will have to unplug all the cables that are attached to your printer. You will also have to every USB cable.
- Once done, you will have to wait for at least 4-5 minutes.
- After that, you will have to press and hold the power button for approximately 30 secs.
- Once done, you will have to plug in all the cables back to your printer. Lastly, turn on your printer and check if you face any error.
Install printer driver again
If your printer drivers are not up to date or are not compatible with your operating system, you can face the “HP printer validation failed” error. You will, therefore, have to download and install the printer software and drivers again on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to open the Control panel on your system and then click on the program’s option.
- After this, you will have to look for the Hp printers option.
- Click on that option and then click on the option to uninstall the same.
- After this, you will have to remove the printer from your system. To do that, you can visit the devices option and then click on the name of your printer to remove it.
- Once done, you will have to press the Windows key and the R key together. In the run window, you will have to type printui.exe.
- A new window will open up then. You will have to go to the drivers’ tab and then select the option to remove them.
- After this, you will have to restart your system.
- Once done, you will have to go to the HP website.
- From there, you will have to click on the option to download drivers.
- Enter the country, operating system, and the model number of your printer.
- The driver’s file will be downloaded on your system. Install it.
- Lastly, check if you are facing the same error or not.
Use the HP print and scan doctor tool
The last method in the list is to use the HP print and scan doctor tool. you can easily download and install the tool on your system and use it to fix the HP printer validation failed error. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to visit the HP website. Then, you will have to go to the download section. From there, you will have to find the HPPSdr.exe file.
- You will then have to download it on your system and install it.
- Once installed, you will have to click on the icon of the tool and then select the name of your printer under the device section.
- You will then have to wait for the process of scanning to complete. It will list all the issues that are present with your printer.
- The printer tool will help you with the process to fix the issue. You will have to follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
We hope that the article was helpful to you. Following all the steps in the same order as they are mentioned will help you to fix the HP printer validation failed error. If you still face the same error, you can reach out to the customer support team of Hp. You can call them or email them explaining your issue and they will get in touch with you to provide you with the solution.