HP printers are one of the most used printers in the market. They have gained immense popularity in recent times. People prefer using HP printers because of their affordable prices and reliability. It offers great features and a great range of products. Like every hardware faces issues or have some bugs, HP printers also have some bugs that a user can face while operating it. HP printer is not responding is one such bug that you can face. It simply means that your HP printer either freezes or it is not responding to any of your commands.
When you face such an error, you are not able to work further using that printer, therefore, it needs to resolve as soon as possible. There are different ways that you can use to resolve the HP printer is not responding error and you can choose whichever you want to use. In this article, we have mentioned all the ways that you can use to fix the issue. Read the full article to know how you can easily fix HP printer not responding error.
Different causes of HP printer not responding error
Here is a list of all the causes that can lead to the HP printer not responding error. Read the list below.
- One of the most common reasons is that the connection between your printer and your system is faulty.
- There are chances that your printer is not more connected to your system.
- Another reason on the list is that the printer drivers you are using are not compatible with the operating system you are using or the drivers are not up to date.
- Other than this, HP printer can also stop responding when you have not configured your HP printer correctly.
- Lastly, your antivirus or firewall settings can also stop your printer from working properly.
Now that you know what can be the reason behind your HP printer is not responding, you should also know what to do when you face such a situation. Read the methods mentioned below.
Different ways to fix HP printer not responding error
Here is a list of all the methods that you can use to fix the error. All the methods are mentioned in detail so that you can easily fix the issue. make sure you follow the steps in the same order as they are mentioned below.
Check printer connection
The first method in the list is to make sure that your printer is correctly connected to the device. You can either connect your printer using a wired method or a wireless method. You will have to check for both types of connections. If you are using a wired connection, you can try to use another USB cable to connect and see if it works or not. And, if you are using a wireless method, you will have to make sure that your printer and the system are connected to the same Wifi network.
Use printer troubleshooter
The next method that you can use to fix the HP printer not responding issue is to use the printer troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to press the Windows key and 1 key.
- After this, the settings prompt will open up.
- You will then have to go to the security option.
- After this, you will have to select the option for troubleshooting. You will then have to click on the printer option and then click on the option to run it.
- Lastly, you will have to follow all the instructions appearing on your screen to complete the ongoing process.
Update all the printer drivers
One of the reasons that your HP printer stops responding because your printer drivers are not up to date. Follow the steps to update printer drivers.
- You will first have to go to the device manager on your system.
- After this, you will have to look for the printer option. You will then have to right-click on the option.
- From the menu, you will have to click on the option to update drivers.
- You will then have to select the option to automatically update the drivers.
Set the printer as default
You are also needed to make sure that you have set the printer as your default printer. Follow the steps to do so.
- You will have to open the Control panel on your system.
- After this, you have to click on the option of devices.
- Next, you will have to click on the option of the printer and then select your printer from the list of all the printers.
- Once done, you will have to right-click on it. You will then have to select the option to make the default printer.
- Now, when you will print, this printer will be your default printer and anything will be printed using the same printer.
Check spooler service
The last option in the list is to restart the printer spooler service on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to press the Windows key and the R key together. It will open up the Run window.
- You will then have to type services.msc in the box and then click on the ok option.
- Once done, the list of all the services will open up. You will have to select the printer spooler service from the list.
- After this, you will have to go to the properties option and then you will have to choose the automatic option in startup type. In case it was already selected, you will have to turn it off and then again turn it on.
- Lastly, you will have to click on the OK button to save the changes.
Following all the methods are enough for you to get rid of the HP printer not responding issue. In case you still face the same issue, we will recommend you to reach to the support team and ask them to guide you. They will provide you with an instant solution and will guide you through the process.