When you try to install a printer on your system, there are chances that your system is not able to detect the printer. You may get a message that your printer is not found or there are no devices available. This can also happen with HP printer. When you try to install HP printers or try to upgrade it, there are chances that your HP printer is not detected. You will have to fix the issue to make your printer work in sync with your system. There can be different reasons due to which you can face this issue, but you can also resolve the issue easily.
In this article, we will talk about how to fix HP printer not detected in Windows issue and what causes this issue. Pursue the process as it is mentioned in the article to make it easier for you to fix the issue. Stay tuned with the article to know more.
Causes of HP printer not detected in Windows error
There is no single cause that can lead to this error but different reasons can constitute the occurrence of the error. Below is the list of all possible causes of the “HP printer not detected” issue. Read the list below.
- Your printer driver is not up to date. Sometimes if your printer drivers are not up to date, it can restrict the working of the printer drivers present. You will have to visit the HP website and look for the latest version of printer drivers.
- Another reason that can lead to the error is that your operating system is not compatible with the printer drivers. Therefore, you will have either have to update windows or your printer drivers.
- If you are using a USB cable to connect your system and printer, you will have to make sure that your USB cable is clean. You can consider blowing lightly to remove some of the dust.
- Lastly, in case you are not using your printer for a long time, you have to keep it at a clean place. You will have to make sure that there is no dust on it.
Different ways to fix “HP printer not detected” issue
Below we are listing some ways that you can use to fix the “HP printer not detected” issue. We have mentioned all the ways in detail. Follow the steps mentioned with each method so that you can easily resolve the issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall the printer drivers
The first method in the list is to uninstall the printer drivers and then install them again. This can help you to remove the corrupted printer drivers and can help you to fix “HP printer not detected” issue. Follow the steps listed below.
- You will first have to remove the USB cable from your system and printer.
- After this, you will have to open the Control panel on your system.
- Once done, you will have to click on the program’s option. You will then have to click on the option to uninstall.
- Once done, you will then have to look for your printer.
- Once you have found your printer, you will have to click on it to uninstall it.
- After that, a confirmation prompt will appear on your screen.
- You will have to confirm the same.
- Now, you will have to go to the HP official website. From there, you will have to download the printer drivers. Make sure you download the latest version based on the operating system you are using. Also, make sure to use the correct model number of your printer.
- Lastly, you will have to connect your printer again and then try taking a sample print.
Fix the connections
The next option that you can use to fix the “HP printer not detected” issue is to make sure that your connections are not faulty. We have mentioned steps for both wired and wireless connections. Follow the steps according to the connection method that you are using.
Follow the steps if you are using a wired method
- First, you will have to turn off your printer and your system. After that, you will have to remove the cable from both your devices.
- You will then have to make sure that there is nor damage to the USB cable. If there is, you will have to remove it and put back a new one.
- Once done, you will also have to check whether your USB cable is longer than 3 meters or not. If it is, you will have to change it also.
- After this, you will have to put the USB cable to another port to make sure that it is working.
- Next, you will have to turn on your system. Once done, you will have to wait for some time.
- After this, you will have to turn on your printer and let your system connect to the printer.
- Finally, try printing a sample.
Follow the steps if you are using a wireless method
- You will first have to turn off your printer. You will then have to wait for some time and then detach the power cable.
- After this, you will have to turn your PC off.
- You will then have to put back the power cable to your printer.
- Once done, you will have to turn your router off and then wait for some time. Turn on your router again.
- You will then have to turn your PC on and then proceed further to establish a connection.
- After that, you will have to connect your printer to the internet.
- Finally, check if you can install the printer or not. Try printing a sample.
Following all the methods that we have mentioned above will help you to fix the “HP printer not detected” issue. Hopefully, the article was helpful to you and you will be able to resolve the issue. You can reach out to the customer support team if you are still not able to fix the issue. You can also visit their official website to contact the support team.