HP Deskjet 4100 printer is an introductory printer suitable for homes or offices with more minor printing jobs. Being a basic printer, there are no very advanced features provided in the printer but, it is suitable for decent printing jobs. If you also have bought a HP Deskjet plus 4100, you need to set it up properly. If you do not know how to set up a printer, this article can help you. Check out the complete Deskjet 4100 setup process.
HP DeskJet 4100 Unboxing
To start the setup of the HP Deskjet 4100 printer, you need to unbox it properly. You can read the instructions to unbox in the HP Deskjet plus 4100 manual provided to you. But, if you cannot understand what is written in the manual, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you need to open the printer box. You will then have to keep the ink cartridges, setup poster, manual, and power module present in the box.
- Now, use the handles provided on the printer box and then correctly pull out the printer.
- You will then have to pull out the sides of the printer and remove the printer’s cover correctly.
- Next, you need to remove the blue tapes and then remove the cardboard and packaging from the area of ink cartridges.
- When the packaging is completely removed, you need to shut the ink cartridge access area properly and turn on the printer.
HP Deskjet 4100 Load Paper
Now that you have set up the printer correctly, you can load the stack of paper into the printer. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- First, you will have to slide the paper guides away and then load the paper into the tray.
- After this, you will have to adjust the guides to touch the corners of the paper stack.
- After this, you will also have to adjust the paper guides depending upon the type of media.
HP Driver Download
If you wish to download the HP Deskjet plus 4100, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, you will have to turn on the system and the printer correctly. After this, on your system, you will have to start a web browser and then go to the official HP website. Look for the required driver software.
- Always remember NOT to connect the USB cable until you see a prompt on the screen.
- You will now have to choose the download button and start the process.
- Wait for the downloading process to complete. On completion, you will have to go to the download option in the browser.
- Choose the file that you have downloaded, and the HP easy utility will open on the screen. It will extract all the needed files.
- Now, you will have to choose to continue to complete the installation process.
- When the installation window appears on the screen, you will get a complete list of software downloaded on the system. In case you wish to skip any software, you can do it.
- Next, you will have to choose to agree on the terms and conditions prompt.
- Now, connect the system and the printer with the USB cable to appear on the screen.
- If you come across any prompt asking you to enter specific details, you need to do that and complete the installation process.
HP Deksjet 4100 Ink Cartridge Installation
Loaded the paper stack and now want to install ink cartridges? Here’s what you need to do. Follow the steps mentioned below to replace or install HP Deskjet 4100 ink cartridges.
- When installing the Hp Deskjet Plus 4100 ink cartridge in your printer, you will have to make sure to turn on the printer.
- After this, you will have to look for the power cord having a purple pin. You will have to connect one end of the cable in the power module and the other to the printer.
- Next, you need to press the power button of your printer and then turn on the printer. When the printer turns on, you need to wait till the noise of your printer completely vanishes.
- You will then have to open the paper tray and then open the flap. Now, you can access the area where the ink cartridge is present.
- When done, you will have to unwrap the cartridge. You will then have to peel the film of the cartridge with the help of the pink tab,
- Make sure not to touch the copper-colored contacts. Hold the cartridge from the sides and place the cartridge properly in the correct place. Slightly push the ink cartridge to make sure that it is stable.
- Follow the same steps to install a tri-color cartridge in the slot. When this is done, you will have to download the required drivers on the system.
Methods to Setup Hp Deskjet 4100 Printer
There can be different methods that you can use to set up HP Deskjet 4100 printer. Below we have mentioned each technique in detail.
HP Deskjet 4100 Wireless Setup [Windows]
- First, you should be aware of all the required passwords and network names.
- You will then have to check if the system is connected to a strong network or not. Also, you will have to place the printer and router near each other.
- When done, choose the wireless option under the control panel and start the Wireless Setup wizard.
- You will now have to choose the network from the available list and connect to the network.
- After this, you will have to pursue the process according to the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Next, you will have to download and install the printer software.
- You will then have to type the required connection and end the installation process.
HP Deskjet 4100 Plus Wireless Setup [Mac]
- To start with, you will have to make sure that the network you are using is stable.
- Next, you will have to get all the information, like the network name and the password.
- You will now have to connect the Mac device to the network.
- You will have to open the control panel and then choose a wireless option on the printer when done.
- You will have to choose a wireless setup wizard and then type the network name. Type the password and connect it to the network.
- After this, download the printer software and then follow the steps appearing on the screen to complete the wireless setup of your HP Deskjet printer.
HP DeskJet 4100 Wifi Setup
- First, you will have to go to the start menu on the system and then look for the control panel.
- In the control panel, select the option for wireless. You will then have to find the opportunity for a wireless setup wizard. Confirm your actions in the following prompt.
- Next, you will have to choose the name of the network to which you want to connect. If it is not present on the system, you can choose to type the name manually.
- In the next prompt, you will have to type the password and then choose OK.
- Now, you will have to select the file that you wish to scan or print.
- Also, make sure to update the printer drivers to continue using all the services without any interruptions.
HP DeskJet Auto Wireless Connect
- To start with, you will have to go to the setup page of your HP printer. Enter the required details of your printer and then look for the drivers.
- Now, you will see a download button beside the driver. Click on it to start the downloading process.
- When the process will complete, open the file. Now, open the drivers by double-clicking on it.
- You will have to follow the steps appearing on the screen to complete the installation of the driver.
- Next, you will have to go to the setup page and then complete the activation process.
- Your printer will now auto-connect to the wireless network. You will not have to do it manually.
- Other than this, always remember that you have a stable and uninterrupted network.
- If the network issues remain, you may have to seek technical guidance.
Read also : Setup Canon Wireless Printer
HP Deskjet 4100 Wired Connection
- For a Wired connection, you will have to ensure that you use compatible software for your printer and the operating system.
- You will then have to download the Hp Deskjet 4100 software on the system and then install it.
- When done, you will have to connect the printer with your system using a USB cable.
- After this, you will have to wait for the connection to establish correctly.
HP Deskjet 4100 Wifi Direct
- To start with, you must know all the essential details like the name of the network and the password.
- You will then have to go to the device settings option and then look for your printer there.
- When found, choose the option to add a printer.
- Also, you need to click on the option to show Wifi direct and then tap on your printer’s power button.
- Open the option for the computer and then choose to add a device.
- You will now have to add all the required details and then enter your password.
- Now, go to the item you want to scan. Right-click on it, and from the menu, choose to print the document.
HP DeskJet 4100: Add Printer to Wireless Network
Now, to set up your HP Deskjet plus 4100, you need to connect it to the Wifi if you choose the wireless method. To add the HP Deskjet 4100 printer to the Wifi, follow the steps mentioned below.
- If you wish to add the printer to the wireless network, you will require vital information related to the printer.
- You will then have to open the control panel of your printer and then choose network setup.
- After this, you will have to choose the option for wireless and then find the wireless setup wizard option.
- Next, you need to type the name of the network and also type the password if asked. You will then have to click on the OK button.
- In case you cannot find the network name, you can also type the SSID and the password. Click on OK and wait for the printer to connect.
HP Deskjet 4100 Troubleshooting
Now, there are chances that you may face different issues with your HP Deskjet 4100 printer. Some common issues that you can face are:
- HP printer may not print any document
- The printer may only print a single color
- Orange light blinking on your printer
- Power button blinking
- Unable to reset the printer
Methods to Troubleshoot HP Printer
If you are facing the issues mentioned above, here are some methods you can use to fix the problem. Check out the plans below.
Method 1: Set HP Printer as Default Printer
The very first method is to set the HP Deskjet plus 4100 as your default printer. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to open the Run window on the system by pressing the windows and R key.
- You will then have to enter the Control panel and then choose the OK button.
- In the control panel, go to the devices and network option. Choose the printer and scanners option.
- Now, you will have to find your Hp printer and then right-click on it.
- Choose to make it default.
- When done, save the changes and try to print a test page.
Method 2: Terminating All Print Jobs
If there are other print jobs present in the queue, you need to terminate all of them. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to open the printer’s list in your system’s control panel.
- You will then have to choose the option to see what’s printing.
- When done, you will have to right-click on the printer and choose to open as administrator.
- Open the print menu again and then choose to cancel all the jobs
This is the complete guide to setup HP Deskjet 4100 printer. You can use any of the methods mentioned above to set up your HP Deskjet plus 4100. In case you still face any issues, you can contact the support team.