People who use the brother printers review it as one of the best printers in the market. These printers are affordable as well as need less maintenance than the other printers. Being hardware, Brother printers can sometimes face issues technically. Technical glitches are common for any hardware. You can sometimes see that your Brother Printer is in an error state. Many users are confused about what to do next. In this article, we are going to explain to you what you should do if you see your Brother Printer in an Error state. All the methods required to fix the issue are listed in this article. We hope that you will find this article helpful.
Causes of brother printer in error state
There can be more than one reason for which you can observe your Brother Printer in an error state. Below we have listed some possible causes for the issue.
- The connection of the printer is not properly configured.
- The printer is not started or turned off properly.
- The ink level in the cartridge is not enough for printing.
- Any paper is stuck in the printer which is not allowing it to print properly.
Preliminary troubleshooting steps
Here are all the preliminary troubleshooting steps that you need to follow to resolve the Brother printer in an error state issue. Follow the steps before proceeding for the different ways mentioned to fix the issue.
- You will first have to make sure that you are connected to the Wifi. Once done, you can consider connecting the Wifi again to your printer. You will also have to check that your internet connection is fast enough to print the document.
- Once done, you will have to check if your system is connected to the printer correctly or not. You will first have to unplug your printer from the system and then plug it again.
- Next, you will have to keep in mind that you use the toner of good quality. Do not switch to the toner of cheap quality as it can affect your printer and get Brother Printer in an error state.
- Lastly, you will have to check the level of ink in the toner. You can fill it to required if you wish.
Different ways to fix Brother printer in an Error state issue
In case the troubleshooting methods didn’t work for you, you can use one of the methods that are listed below.
Check the printer spooler service
The first method in the list is to make sure that you have enabled the printer spooler service. If you already have, you can try to restart it. Follow the steps carefully.
- You will first have to go to the start icon on your system.
- You will then have to open the command prompt. Make sure you choose the option to open it as an admin.
- Once done, you will have to enter net stop spooler and after that, press the enter key.
- You will then have to enter net start spooler and after that, press the enter key.
- It will then restart the spooler service.
- Finally, close the command prompt.
reinstall the Brother Printer on your system
The next method that you can consider is to first remove the brother printer from your system and then install it back. Follow the steps listed.
- You will first have to click on the settings on your system and then choose the option for devices.
- Next, you will have to click on the option for printers and scanners.
- It will open up a list of all the printers and scanners connected to the system.
- You will then have to click on the name of the brother printer.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to remove the printer.
- Once done, you will have to go to the option to add a printer and click on it.
- It will then start the scanning process.
- Click on the name of your brother printer to connect it with your device.
- Lastly, you will have to try and print a sample page.
Update the drivers to fix brother printer is in ready state
The next solution in the list is to update all the drivers for the brother printer. You can face the Brother printer is on error state error if your printer drivers are not up to date. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to start the run window on your system. To do this, you will have to press the Windows key and the R key together.
- Next, you will have to type devmgnt.msc in the type box and click on the ok option.
- You will then have to click on the option to show the hidden files and after that, you will have to click on the option of the print queue.
- Next, you will have to click on the brother printer name followed by clicking on the option to update drivers.
- It will then start the process of scanning for the available drivers.
- You will then have to update the drivers by following the instructions appearing on the screen.
Check the status of the printer
The last solution is to check if your printer is in online mode or offline mode. You can determine it by going to the devices option on your system. You will then have to select the option for setting the brother printer as your default printer. After this, you will have to uncheck the option for using the printer in the offline mode. Save the settings that you have made and after that, reboot your computer. Check if you can still see the error or not.
We hope that the article was helpful to you and you will be able to resolve the Brother printer in an error state issue. We have tried to explain to you everything in a detailed manner. If you still have issues regarding the Brother printer is in Error state issue, you can consider talking to the customer care executive. You can also visit the official website of the Brother printers.