Printers are one of the greatest technical equipment of all time to help humankind. Every hardware can come across some error in its lifetime and so does a printer. Sometimes while using an Epson printer, you can come across an error when your Epson printer does not print after you have changed the ink. This is a common error that a user can face while using the Epson printer. The process to resolve the error consists of a few steps. In this article, we are going to talk about how to fix Epson printer is not printing after changing ink error. We have mentioned different causes and different ways in which you can fix the Epson printer not printing after changing ink error.
Different causes for Epson printer not printing after changing ink issue
There can be various reasons for facing the Epson printer is not printing error. We have listed some of the common reasons below. Read the list below to avoid any situation leading to the occurrence of the error.
- The most common reason is that the position of the lever is incorrect.
- You can face the Epson printer is not printer after changing ink error because the printer chip is not updated.
- In case the cartridge you are using is not compatible with your printer, you can face the error.
- The next common reason is the issues related to printer offline mode.
- You can also face the error if your hardware is not configured properly or there is an issue.
- Another trivial reason that leads to the occurrence of the error is the outdated drivers of the printer.
- In case the ink level in the cartridge is low, Epson printer can fail to print.
Different ways to fix Epson printer is not printing after changing ink error
Below we have mentioned different methods that you can use to fix the Epson printer is not printing after changing ink error. We have mentioned all the methods in detail. Make sure you follow the steps in the same way as they are mentioned.
Cleaning the printer head
The very first solution in the list is to clean the printer head. If the printer head is dirty, it can lead to various errors. Therefore, you need to clean it. Follow the steps we have mentioned below.
- Initially, you need to go to the Control panel on your system and open it.
- After that, you will have to click on the option for hardware and sound.
- Once done, you need to click on the printer option.
- After this, you will have to go to the printer you are using. You need to right-click on it and select the properties option.
- Once done, you need to look for the option to clean the head and then click on the same.
- You will then have to wait for some time so that the cleaning process can complete.
Reset your printer
The other solution in the list is to rest your printer. There are chances that when you reset the printer you will be able to resolve the errors easily. All the settings will be restored to default and you can easily then identify the cause of the error. This is considered to be an effective way that you can use to fix the Epson printer is not printing after changing ink. You also need to set the Epson printer as your default printer. You can simply do it by going to the control panel and clicking on the printer’s name. Lastly, you will have to select the option to make it a default printer.
Next in the list is to update the printer drivers. This is the most common mistake that every user makes. After changing the ink, one must update the printer drivers. Outdated drivers can lead to an error. You can easily download the printer drivers from the official website. You need to download the drivers based on your printer model and the operating system you are using.
Properly remove the protective tape
Next, you will have to check if you have removed the protective tape from the cartridge properly or not. The protective tape can stop your printer from printing anything. You will have to remove the cartridge and then check again if you can see any protective tape there. If you do, remove it all and then place back the cartridge and try to print. Check if you face the same error.
Verify the printer spooler service
You need to make sure that the printer spooler service is On. If not, you can face the error. It is the service that manages your printing activities and allows your printer to communicate with your computer. Follow the steps mentioned.
- You will first have to press the Windows key and the R key together.
- In the run window, you will have to type services.msc and after that, you will have to click the ok button.
- Once done, A new window will open up listing all the services.
- You will then have to look for the printer spooler service and then click on the same.
- You will now have to the service is turned on and you have selected the option for auto startup.
- Other than this, you can also choose for the auto-startup option under the startup type option.
- Next, you will have to click on the start button.
- You will then have to click on the Ok option and see if your printer is facing the same error.
Epson printer is not printing after changing ink is a trivial error that you can face and can be fixed easily. You can easily get rid of the issue if you follow the steps carefully. We have tried to provide you with the best of our knowledge and we hope that you found the article helpful. If you still have some issues regarding the Epson printer or you aren’t able to resolve the error by following the above-mentioned steps, you can reach to the support team or visit their website. You will get to know how you can resolve the error or talk to customer support.