Though the Epson printers are great quality printers, you can sometimes face some error while operating those printers. One such issue that can arise is the Epson printer not printing black. It simply means that whenever you are trying to print a document, the Epson printer is not printing the black color. There can be various reasons for which you can face this error and some of them are listed in one of the sections of this article.
We have mentioned some methods that you can use if you want to fix the Epson printer not printing black issue. We will recommend you to go through the basic troubleshooting steps first and then continue with the methods we have listed. The troubleshooting steps are also listed. Stay tuned with the article to know everything about Epson printer not printing black.
Causes of the Epson printer not printing black issue
Below we have listed some of the reasons due to which you can face the Epson printer not printing black issue. Read the list carefully.
- You can face the issue if there is an issue with the printer head.
- If there is an issue with your printing paper, you can face the same issue.
- If the data you are using is not from the proper source, you can face the Epson printer not printing black issue.
- In case you have not updated the printer driver on your system, you can face the error.
- You can also encounter this issue if there is no enough ink in the cartridge.
Basic troubleshooting steps
Before going further with the steps to resolve the Epson printer not printing black issues, you are advised to follow some of the basic troubleshooting steps. Follow all the steps listed in the same order. Read the steps carefully.
- First, you will have to disconnect all the connected cables from your printer. You also have to remove the power cable from the source.
- After this, you will have to check if the printer has enough paper or not.
- You will now have to wait for some time. Now, you will have to connect all the cables back that you have disconnected. Connect the power cable as well.
- After this, you will have to press and keep holding the power button and wait till the printer is on.
- Now, when the printer is On, you will have to go to the settings option and choose the option to print a sample page.
- You will be then redirected to the confirmation window. You will get a prompt with all the settings of the printer.
- In that window, select the print option.
- Check if you are facing the same error. If you do, you can consider checking the ink in the cartridge.
Methods to fix the Epson printer not printing black issue
If the basic troubleshooting steps didn’t work for you, you can try any of the methods that are listed below. Follow the methods in the same order.
Check the cartridge
You can face the Epson printer not printing black issue if there is an issue with the ink cartridge. Pursue the stepwise process that we have mentioned below to check your ink cartridge and get rid of the issue.
- First, you need to disassemble your printer and then remove the ink cartridge from the printer.
- Now, you will have to see if any of the cartridges is empty or is about to get empty, you will have to fill them up again and then place the cartridges back.
- Next, you will have to put back all the cartridges and you have to keep in mind that you have placed the cartridges correctly.
- Make sure to clean the nozzles if they are clogged.
- Remove the tape from the cartridge properly before installing it.
- Try to print a sample page.
- If you notice the same error again, you will have to replace the cartridge rather than refilling it.
Check the drivers
The other reason for which you can face the Epson printer not printing black issue is that the printer drivers are not updated on your system. You will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to click on the Settings option on your system.
- After this, go to the search bar and type device manager.
- A new window will open up.
- You will have to look for your device name and after that, you have to click on it.
- After this, you will now have to carry out the set of instructions and then you will have to click on the option for the scan.
- Once done, you will have to see which driver is not present in the system.
- Download all the drivers which are not present and then install them on your system.
Printer head issue
The last solution in this list is to check if there is an issue with the print head or not. Most probably, the printer head can be clogged. You need to clean it. There are chances that your printer has a feature for automatic cleaning if not, you will have to do to it manually.
- If your printer does not have the manual cleaning feature, you will have to remove the printhead from the printer and then you will have to clean if it is clogged.
- Other than this, you will have to click on the option to clean the print head. It will then clean the printer head automatically. You will have to use the same feature for more than once because maybe one time is not enough.
Hopefully, you can now easily fix the Epson printer not printing black issue if you follow the steps that we have listed. You can opt for any of the methods or can use all the methods to fix the issue. We hope this article has helped you to fix the issue. You can also reach customer support and seek help. Other than this, you can also go to the official Epson website to look for the solution to your issue.