Canon printers are used by most of the people because of the quality they provide. Canon printers are durable and hence making it a great choice under the budget. The printer provides it, users, to connect with different devices using a wireless network. You can easily connect your printer to your phone and print documents directly. The process consists of a few steps and a pre-setup that you need to complete. Wif connectivity to the iPhone is a tricky one but can be done easily if you follow the instructions properly. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can connect Canon printer to the iPhone in simple steps. Read the article to know how to connect Canon printer to iPhone in detail.
If you are an iPhone user, the best way to connect the Canon printer to the iPhone is to use the Airprint device. We have mentioned different steps involved in the process of using the Airprint device. The Airprint device helps the iPhone users to directly print documents using the iPhone. You do not have to download or install any drivers on your system. Read the steps mentioned below carefully.
check the environment
The initial step is to check if you have a suitable environment or not. If you want to use the Airprint device, you require to have the latest version of the Apple devices. A list of devices and suitable version is mentioned below.
- iPhone(version 3GS and above)
- iPad(any model)
- iPod(third generation and above)
Next, you will have to connect your device with any of the devices with the Wifi network to with you have connected your printer.
steps to print using the AirPrint
Now that you have connected the devices and checked that your devices are connected, you will have to start the printing process. Follow the steps mentioned below to start the printing process.
- You need to turn on your printer and connect it to the LAN.
- Next, you will have to click on the operation icon in the application on your phone. It will then direct you to the menu page.
- You will then have to click on the option to print and it will redirect you to the print option.
- Lastly, you will have to choose the printer model that you want to use for printing.
Things to keep in mind
- There are chances that when you opt for printing using the application, you do not get the option to print. Some of the applications do not support the feature of printing.
- The options for printing can be different for different models of the printer. When you start the printing, you will get the following options on your screen.
Printer- You will have to select the model of the printer that you are using.
Copy- you will have to select how many copies you want to print.
duplex printing- You need to choose whether you want to opt for the duplex printing or not.
Range- select the page numbers from the document that you want to print.
- You can also use the plus or minus sign to select the number of copies that you wish to print.
- After that, you will have to select the page numbers that you are going to print in case of a document having multiple pages.
- Once you have set all the options, you will have to click on the print option.
Size of paper
- The size of the paper is automatically defined depending upon the application and the region of the printer. AirPrint defines the size of the paper according to the application.
- If you are using the photo app, the size is predefined accordingly. For say, for Japan it is L and for some other region, it is KG.
- Other than this, if you are using the Safari app, the paper size is default to letter size for the US and for Europe and Japan it is, A4.
Check the status of Print
You will have to look for the features mentioned below when you are trying to connect Canon printer to iPhone.
- You can see that there is an icon for print through which you can easily see what is the status of printing. The icon will be available on the recently used application.
- You can also see the latest used applications by clicking on the home icon on your device. The icon will be then present on the home page.
There are two methods to delete a print. Both methods are mentioned below.
- Use Machine: In case your printer has an LCD screen, you will have to go to the operation panel and choose to cancel printing. If not, you can use the stop button.
- Use device: You will first have to double-tap on the icon available on your device and after that, you will have to click on the print option. You will then have to choose the job that you have to delete.
Follow the step mentioned to troubleshoot the AirPrint application.
- You will first have to switch on the device. In case it was already On, you will have to restart it. You will then have to see if the issue is solved or not.
- Next, you will have to make sure that the device that you are going to use is connected to the network.
- You will then have to check if your printer has enough ink or not.
- Lastly, you will have to check if your printer is showing no error or not on the LCD screen.
This was all about how you can connect Canon printer to iPhone. We hope that the article was beneficial to you and you will be able to connect Canon printer to iPhone. If you follow the steps that we have mentioned, you will be easily able to connect. If you still have issues regarding how to connect Canon printer to iPhone, you can visit the official website. You can also talk to the customer support for assistance.