You can get a variety of printers in the market that will fulfill your requirements. Canon has always proven its worth over the other printers. It is popular and used by a lot of people. It is an easy process to connect Canon printer to the laptop. You can connect it easily and then print documents without any hassle. In this article, we are going to discuss different ways in which you can connect Canon printer to a laptop. We have tried to explain it to you thoroughly. We have described methods to connect Canon printer to the laptop using the USB cable or without USB cable. You can also contact the customer support if you need any guidance with the same. Stay tuned with the article to know how to connect Canon printer to laptop easily.
Steps to install the Canon printer to laptop
Here is a stepwise process that you need to follow if you want to install the Canon printer to a laptop. You can follow the same process for every model of the Canon printer. Read the steps carefully.
- First, you need to turn your printer off, and then you will require a USB cable to connect the printer to the system. You will have to add one end to the printer and the other with the system.
- After this, you will have to insert the printer CD into your device.
- Once done, a new prompt will open up on your screen and you will have to click on the cancel option.
- Next, the installation process of the printer will start automatically. If it doesn’t, you will have to go to my pc option and then look for the CD drive.
- You will then have to look for the items in the CD drive and then click on the setup file.
- After that, you will have to follow the instructions provided to you on the screen. Once you see that the installation is completed, you will have to start your printer.
- You will then have to close the prompt.
- After that, you will have to download the printer drivers from the Canon website.
Steps to connect Canon printer to a laptop with a USB cable
Below we have mentioned the stepwise process that you can follow to connect the Canon printer to a laptop with the help of a USB cable. Follow the steps mentioned.
- You will first have to use the USB cable to connect your printer and your system. You will have to connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other to the system.
- After this, you will have to visit the Canon official website. From there, you will have to download all the printer drivers. Make sure you download the right drivers according to the model of the printer you are using.
- Once done with this, you will have to go to the start icon on your system.
- You will then have to click on the control panel option and open it.
- After this, select the option for hardware and after that, click on the printer and scanner option.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to add the printer and then choose the local printer.
- Now, you will get a list of all the ports of the printer. You will have to select the one with which you want to connect.
- Next, You will have to decide whether you want to make it available to other devices or not.
- You will then have to select the option to make the Canon printer as your default printer.
- Lastly, you will have to complete the process by clicking on the finish option.
Steps to connect Canon printer to a laptop without USB cable
Below we have mentioned the stepwise process that you need to follow to connect the Canon printer to a laptop without USB cable. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to turn the power of the printer on. After that, you will have to press the Wifi button and keep holding it till the indicator is lit. It will be blue.
- After that, you will have to press the WPS button on your router. Make sure you do it within 2 minutes of turning the WiFi on.
- Next, you will notice that when you will be connected to the Wifi, the power indicator and the Wifi indicator will stop flashing.
This was all about how you can easily connect Canon printer to Laptop. If you follow all the steps in the same way, it will be easier for you to connect Canon printer to laptop. We hope that you will find this article helpful. If you continue to have any queries regarding this topic, you can contact the customer support. You can also check the related articles on the Canon official website.