Brother printers are famous because of the service they provide to the users. These printers have a high service time and minimum maintenance. The toner and drum unit are the important parts of any printer and hence they need to be maintained properly. You will have to take care of the fact there is enough ink in the toner to print on paper easily. When the ink is not enough, you need to change the toner. In this article, we are going to talk about how you can change the toner and the drum unit on the brother printer easily. Read the full article to know everything about changing the toner and the drum unit.
What is a toner?
Before proceeding with the process of changing the toner on the brother printer, it is important to know what toner is. Toners are small containers in which the ink is held which is used for printing purposes. With toner, you will see a drum unit. It is a machine that helps to use ink and the toner power to print on paper. The toner and the drum unit both work as a single machine helping in printing. The process to change the toner on the brother printer is quite easy but needs to be done carefully.
Tips to change the toner on Brother printer
Here are some of the tips that you need to follow if you want to change the toner on the brother printer more efficiently. Read the steps carefully.
- First, you need to make sure that the printer is not OFF. You will also have to keep in mind that until your printer is ready, you do not have to open the cover of the printer.
- The toner that you are using in your printer is that starting toner. It comes along with the printer.
- You will have to make sure that you have an alternate toner that you can change when the toner level is low.
- If you need commendable printing quality, we advise you to use printer cartridges which are originally from Brother.
- Do not unpack your toner if you are not going to install it on your system.
- You need to make sure that you do not refill the toner that comes with the printer when you buy it.
- The next thing that you need to keep in mind is that if you keep the printer toner unpacked for a lot of time, There are chances that the life of the toner can be shortened.
The process to change toner on Brother printer
Below we have listed the full process to change toner on Brother printer. All the steps are mentioned in detail so that you can easily change the toner. You will first have to prepare your cartridge to change the toner and then you will have to start the process to change the toner.
Preparing the cartridge
The very first step is to prepare the cartridge to change the toner. You will have to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- You will first have to remove your cartridge from your package and unpack it properly.
- At the bottom of the cartridge, you will see a protective tape. You will have to remove the tape properly. Keep in mind there is no tape left on the cartridge.
- After this, you will have to remove tape present on the side of the cartridge.
- The tape is easy to remove. Remove the tape carefully.
- Next, you will have to install the cartridge to the printer.
Preparing the drum unit
The next step in the process is to prepare the drum unit. You will have to follow the steps listed below.
- You will first have to remove your drum unit from your package and unpack it properly.
- At the bottom of the drum unit, you will see a protective tape. You will have to remove the tape properly.
Changing the toner on the brother printer
The last step in the process is to change the toner on the brother printer. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to switch on your printer and after that, you will have to open the front cover of your printer.
- You will next have to remove both the drum unit and the cartridge. Once done, you will have to remove the toner from the drum unit.
- To remove the toner, you will have to push the green color lever present on the left side of your printer. Once done, it will have to remove the toner.
- Once done, you will have to remove the unpack the toner form the packing.
- You will have to remove the tape from the toner also.
- Once done, you will have to put the new toner in its place. When the toner is in its correct place, you will be able to hear a lock sound.
- Next, you will have to make sure that the toner is in the correct position and there are chances that you can see it slightly separated from the drum unit.
- Once done, you will have to clean the wire. To do this, you will have to move the green tab back and forth for 4-5 times smoothly.
- You will then have to place the toner and the drum unit again to the printer.
- Finally, put back the printer front again.
Following the steps that we have listed above will help you to change the toner on the brother printer. All the steps are mentioned in detail so that you can easily change the toner on the brother printer. You can visit the official website of brother printers to know how you can easily change the toner. If you need manual support, you can reach for customer support.