One of the safest methods to keep your documents with you is to scan them. Keeping the scanned copy can help you to access your documents easily and it keeps them safe. People use scanners to scan the documents, but now, you can also use the printer to scan documents. This is one of the features that your Canon printer provides to you. You can easily scan on Canon printers but many people are not aware of the whole process. In this article, we are going to explain to you how to scan on Canon printer. We have mentioned steps for both Windows OS and the Mac OS. Read the steps carefully and perform the steps accordingly. In case you still have some issues, you can seek guidance from customer support.
You need to prepare your document before starting the scanning process on Canon printers. If you prepare your documents first, you will be able to easily scan on Canon printers. Read the steps below.
- Initially, you have to ensure that the Canon printer you are using has the scanning feature.
- After this, you will have to connect your Canon printer to your computer.
- Once done, you will have to turn your printer On.
- Next, you will have to open the scanner on your printer. You will have to remove the lid of the scanner.
- Now, you will have to put the document you wish to scan on the scanner. Make sure the face of the document is towards the scanner.
- Finally, put back the lid of the scanner.
Steps to scan on Canon printer using Windows 10
If you are a Windows 10 user and have prepared your document as it is mentioned above, you need to follow the steps mentioned in this section of the article. Follow the steps in the same way it is mentioned and you will be easily able to scan on Canon printers.
- First, you will have to go to the windows icon on the screen.
- You will then have to search for a fax and scan option and wait for it to show you all the available options.
- After that, you will have to open the scan application to start the scanning process. For this, you will have to click on the Windows fax and scan option.
- Next, you will have to click on the option for a new scan. It will be available on the right side of your screen.
- Once done, you will have to select the scanner through which you want to scan your documents. For this, you need to know the details of your printer. You need to know the model and the number of your printer.
- You will have to click on the change option if, by default, you have not selected your desired printer.
- After this, you will get an option to select the document type. You will have to click on the profile option and then click on the option for the document type.
- Next, you will have to select the color format or the color of the document. You will get the option for it from the menu. Decide it according to your requirements.
- Once done, the next option is to choose the file type. You will be provided with different extensions. You can choose the type of file you wish to scan.
- Additionally, you can modify the scanning preferences according to you or if you can let it be on default.
- Lastly, you will have to verify that you are printing the right document. You can use the preview button.
- If everything is ok, you can click on the scan button and it will then start the scanning process.
Steps to find the scanned copy
Follow the steps mentioned below to find the document you have scanned.
- Go to the file explorer on your system.
- In the file explorer, you will have to click on the documents option.
- After this, you will see a folder named scanned. You will have to open the folder and look for the file you have scanned.
Steps to scan on Canon printers using Mac
The other operating system we are going to talk about is Mac. Read the steps below to know how you can scan on Canon printers using the Mac system.
- First, you will have to click on the Apple icon and open the Apple menu.
- From the menu, you will have to click on the system preference.
- Once done, you will have to click on the printers and scanners option.
- You will then have to select the printer you are using. Know the model number of your printer and then select the printer accordingly.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to scan the documents.
- Now, you will have to select the open scanner and after that, you will have to click on the show detail.
- Next, you will have to choose the file format. You can use the file format option to change the format of the file to which you want to save the file.
- You will then have to select the color of the scanned copy.
- Once done, you will have to select a folder in which you want to store your document. You can use the browse option to redirect it to the location.
- After this, if you wish you can change the other settings like the resolution or any other settings that you wish for.
- Lastly, you will have to click on the option to scan the documents. Once the scanning process is complete, you can view the scanned document from the location where you have opted to store it.
This was all about how to scan on Canon printers. Follow the steps in the same orders as they are mentioned and you will be easily able to scan on Canon printers. We have tried to make it informative. If you still face any issue regarding this topic, you can contact the customer support of Canon or you can visit their website.