Printers have become an important electrical equipment in recent times. But very fewer people how to resolve an issue with their printers. You need to troubleshoot your printer to fix issues with your printer. Only troubleshooting will help to fix the issue and resume the smooth working of the printer. It is the same for Canon printer users. It is important to know how you can troubleshoot Canon printer to fix any issue that you are facing.
In this article, we have discussed different steps that you can use to troubleshoot Canon printer. We have mentioned steps for different common issues that you can face with the Canon printer and how you can resolve them. Stay tuned with the article to know everything about how to troubleshoot Canon printer.
Basic troubleshooting steps
Here are all the basic troubleshooting steps that you need to follow to troubleshoot Canon printer. Before going into detail about different problems, you must carry out the basic troubleshooting steps. Read the steps below.
- First, you will have to make sure that the indicator on the printer is ON. Check the pattern of the indicator.
- After this, you will have to check if your printer is ON or not. Look for the faulty power connection. You will also have to look if the USB cable is connected properly or not.
- Once done, you will have to check for any paper stuck inside your printer.
- Next, you can also consider restarting your printer if your system is not able to detect your printer.
- Once done, you will have to try to add your printer again to your system. You will have to open the control panel on your system and then click on the devices option. From there, you will have to click on the printer option and select an option to add the printer.
- You may also want to update the Canon software you are using. You can also delete it from your system and then again download it from the official Canon website.
- Lastly, using the software, you can consider cleaning the printheads or check the alignment of the printer. You will have to go to the settings on your Canon software and then click on the properties option.
Steps to troubleshoot Canon printer ink issue
Here are all the steps that you need to follow if you want to fix the ink issue in your Canon printer. read the steps below to troubleshoot the Canon printer.
- You will first have to make sure that your cartridge has enough ink to print a paper or not. Also, look for any faulty cartridge.
- After this, you will have to open the cover of your printer and then you will have to wait and let the ink cartridge pause.
- Next, you will have to remove the cartridge carefully from the printer.
- Once done, you will have to install a new cartridge. Make sure that you remove the protective tape carefully from the cartridge.
- Lastly, you will have to close the cover of your printer and terminate the process.
Steps to troubleshoot Canon printer not working error
The next common error that you can face with the Canon printer is that it stops working. You may notice that it freezes for a particular time or it just stop responding to your print commands. It won’t allow you to perform any further action r print any document. Read the steps below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Initially, you will have to remove your Canon printer from the printer’s list. You will have open the control panel on your system.
- After that, you will have to select the devices option. Once done, you will have to click on the printer option.
- In the printer list, look for the Canon printer you are using.
- Once found, you will have to click on it and then from the menu select an option to remove the printer.
- Now, wait till it is removing it.
- Once done, you will have to click on the option to add a printer.
- let your system find your Canon printer.
- When found, you will have to click on it to add it.
- Lastly, check if it is still working or not.
Steps to fix the feeder issues
Sometimes you might face some issues with the feeder of your printer. You will have to follow the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot the Canon printer feeder issues.
- First, you will have to make sure that there is no paper left in the printer. You will have to remove all of them. Also, make sure that your papers are flat.
- Once done, you will have to make sure that you are using the correct size of the paper.
- After this, you will have to remove any paper which is stuck in the printer.
- Next, you will have to clean the rollers of the feeders. You will have to use the compressed air for the same.
- Once done, you will have to put back the papers into the feeder and close it.
- Finish the process and check if you are facing the same issue or not.
Steps to troubleshoot Canon printer connection errors
The last issue that we are going to talk about is the Canon printer connection issues. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the connection issues of your printer.
- Initially, you will have to make sure that your printer is On and there is no fault with the power source of the printer.
- After this, you will have to check the USB cable connecting your printer and system.
- Finally, update all the software and drivers you are using on your system.
We have tried you to provide you with all the common problems you can face with the printer and how you can easily troubleshoot the Canon printer. In case you are still facing any issue with your printer, talk to the Canon support team. You can either call them or email them. whichever is best suited for you. You may also visit their website to know more about how to contact customer support.