Why isn’t my printer printing? Well, this is one of the most common queries that most printer users may ask. The printer not working when needed is very frustrating and irritating for the users. Surely we can not trust any electronic device and Printer is no less. But, with correct repairing skills, we can easily repair or fix some common issues. So, if you are also facing some issues with your Printer, here is a complete Canon printer troubleshooting guide for you.
Undoubtedly, Canon is one of the famous and pioneer printer brands out there. The brand has been in the market for a long time and has been providing reliable services to customers. Besides every effort, it is quite common to face issues with the printer. Fortunately, these issues can be fixed easily with some simple steps. Check out some common printer issues and Canon printer troubleshooting steps.
Causes of Printer Issues
In case you are facing issues with your Canon printer, here are some common reasons for which you can face the issue. You must be aware of these reasons so that you can avoid these issues in future. Check out all the reasons below.
- If you have connected your system using USB connections, you will have to make sure that the connection is tightened. For a wireless connection, make sure that your printer, system and router are connected to the same network or are connected properly.
- Also, if you have made any recent changes in the settings of your printer, you can see that your printer is offline and hence it may cause printing issues.
- Another reason for which you can encounter the issue is if you have not set the Canon printer as your default printer.
- Moreover, you can face issues with your Canon printer because of incompatible printer drivers. Because of this, you can encounter Canon printer not responding issue.
- Now, one of the common issues that you can encounter canon printer is not printing issue is that the ink cartridge on your printer is empty or does not have enough ink.
- lastly, you may also see any error message on the screen. Check for the error messages. These messages can cause printing issues.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting Steps: Common Issues and Their Fixes
So, now that you are aware of common reasons for which you can face printing issues in Canon printer, here are some Canon printer troubleshooting steps that one must follow to fix the issues. Check out the list of all the common issues and their relevant fixes below.
Steps to Troubleshoot Canon Printer is Not Responding issue
The very first issue that we are going to consider is Canon printer is not responding issue. Check out all the steps below.
- The very common reason for which you can face this issue is that the communication between your system and the printer is not established. So, to fix this, you will have to make sure to keep your router closer to your printing. Also, start your system and printer again.
- Another thing that you will have to do is to make sure to check the strength of the signal by printing the network settings.
- Also, if the printer is not properly connected to your wireless router, restarting both your devices can help in fixing the issue.
- Next, make sure to disable the firewall application installed on the system so that you can be sure that the firewall on your system is not causing issues.
- In the end, ensure that you have connected your printer and the system to the same wireless network.
Steps to Troubleshoot Printer Not Printing Black Issue
Now, there are chances that your printer is printing all the colours except black. This can happen because of different reasons. Below we have mentioned all the steps to fix the printer not printing black issue.
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you have enough paper on the tray that you need for printing.
- After this, you will have to raise the tray and the extensions.
- When done, tap on the option for setup and then start the process to unclog the nozzle of your printer.
- Next, you will have to click on the tools option and then choose the maintenance option.
- Now, you will have to click on the Ok option and then choose the deep cleansing option. Click on OK again.
- When done, you will have to wait for the cleaning process to complete. On completion, a dialogue box will open on the screen regarding the confirmation. You will have to then click on OK.
Steps to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
Another common issue that you can face using a Canon printer is that the printer may start blank pages. This issue can be resolved easily. Check out all the steps to fix the Canon printer is not printing issue.
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you have installed an ink cartridge in your printer. Also, the ink cartridge that you are using should be compatible with your printer.
- Next, you will have to make sure to place your printer on a cool surface. The surface should not be very hot.
- when done, you will have to clean the printhead of the printer using your device.
- For this, you will first have to click on the My Computer icon and then choose Control Panel.
- You will have to choose the Devices and printer option.
- When done, you will have to look for your printer and then right-click on the same.
- After this, from the menu, choose the properties option.
- When done, in the properties prompt, choose preferences options and then choose the Service tab.
- Under this, click on the option to clean the printhead.
- Now, follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
- You will then have to print a sample page and then check if you are facing the same issue.
- Next, in case you replaced your ink cartridge, there are chances that you are facing issues because of the incompatibility of the ink cartridge. So, you will have to change the cartridge again and then check if you are facing the same issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Is Not Printing Wirelessly
The next issue that we are going to discuss in this article is Canon printer is not printing wirelessly issue. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow to fix the issue.
- First, you will have to start your printer, router, system again. for this, you will have to turn off all the devices and then start them again.
- Next, you will have to detach the cable from the printer and then also, detach it from your system.
- Now, you will have to turn on your printer. Wait for some time.
- After this, you will have to start your system again. You will then have to insert the power cable again in the printer and connect the devices.
- When done, you will have to start your router and ensure to connect your system and the printer to wireless connections. Make sure that they are connected to the same wireless network.
- When done, you will have to check if there are any remaining printing jobs present in the queue. If there is any printing job available, you need to delete it from the queue.
- In the end, check if your printer needs updated drivers. If it does, you will have to print all the drivers and make sure that you have downloaded all the required drivers.
To Wind Up
So, this was a complete Canon printer troubleshooting guide. We have tried explaining to you all the fixation methods relevant to Canon printer common issues. However, if you still face any issues, you can seek help from Canon support.